Super Bowl commercials

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Early on, I'd say the Jurassic Park commercial might be the best so far. The BMW commercial wasn't too bad...was that Arnold as Zeus?

The worst news is that it looks like the E Trade baby is returning. I hated every one of those commercials. Maybe the new ones won't be so annoying. This one wasn't terrible but it's like seeing JarJar Binks in a Star Wars movie. Can anything good really come from this? Seems doubtful.

A new worst. The Telemundo commercial. The announcer with the extended SCOOOOORRRRE was amusing the first few times I heard it years ago. Now it might be the worst catchphrase ever by a sports announcer.

I'm time-shifting, and my commercial skip has been automatically skipping the commercials. Even if it misses something, I'll just jump forward.

Edit: I caught up with the live feed at half time. This half time show is the worst - I might have to go back and watch commercials. lol Actually, I think I'll just watch something else for a while.

Last edited:
Hearing ELO's classic "Showdown" on the Michelob commercial.
A very underappreciated song. Or group, for that matter. Nice to see/hear it on a high profile commercial.

I've been waiting for the Scarlet Johansen/Colin Jost commercial that's a rif on Alexa.

Was Austin Powers actually funny at one point in time?

Bad sound, bad visually, and just not that entertaining.
We all have opinions, but wait until tomorrow and see what the consensus is. I think consensus will agree with my feeling.
I am not a MJB fan, but I liked her performance. I am an Eminem fan, and I thought he sucked.

Snoop is just Snoop.

Sound mix overall was bad.

Can I actually buy any of these EV cars?

Halftime show was terrible. Worst halftime show since I can recall.

My wife saw something online earlier today joking that if someone doesn't like the half time show, it is time for them to schedule their colonoscopy.

I didn't care for it. And yes, my colonoscopy is due.

Halftime show was terrible. Worst halftime show since I can recall.
Agreed - unbearable. I was time-shifting and caught up with the live feed about then, so I just stopped watching for a while, then I jumped through it quickly when I went back to the Super Bowl. I guess there are people that actually like that sort of thing, but I'm not one of them. But over the years, I've gotten used to not liking the half-time show, so no surprise really.

I enjoyed it (halftime) but I can see where others might not. I think of the style as a mix of rhythm and poetry.

Last one I really liked was this. I believe it was the year after the “wardrobe malfunction”.

https://youtu.be/sjII3yywsUg

Honestly, none of them made me laugh or, now that is been over for about an hour, can I even remember. It’s gotten to the point that where I used to watch for the commercials and half time show, now I actually tuned in for the game. And, it was a good game.

Bring back the clydesdales.

Bad sound, bad visually, and just not that entertaining.
We all have opinions, but wait until tomorrow and see what the consensus is. I think consensus will agree with my feeling.

Agree. Was looking for an ice pick to jam in my ears.:D

Back
Top Bottom