T-Mobile May 22 Price increase

There are lots of small cell phone service providers that offer plenty of unlimited goodies in the area of $25 a line. Check out this site.

First price increase in ten years, so I wouldn't consider it too egregious. I've been with T-Mobile for the last seven years and always happy with their service.

I haven't gotten the text... yet. We're on the 55 and up deal, magenta with 2 lines. Actually x 2... Hubby has one son on his plan, and I have the other son. So we currently pay $120/month for 4 unlimited lines. Since it's a $5/line increase - that would be $20/month, or $240/year...

Hope I don't get the text.

Not sure if it is per line but currently we pay $60 all in for 2 lines including Taxes. It has been $60 for as long as I can remember, at least 10 years. Can they do that?

Not sure if it is per line but currently we pay $60 all in for 2 lines including Taxes. It has been $60 for as long as I can remember, at least 10 years. Can they do that?
It’s per line. Not even an apology for breaking the promise that your rate won’t change as long as you keep the plan 🤬

I have a prepaid plan with them for a flat fee of 15/month and wouldn’t be surprised if it goes up.

I spoke too soon. My husband got the text at 12:43pm PT.

Darn it.

i have not received any text from t-mobile. this is the first i am hearing about possible rate increase. i have a very old grandfathered in plan, simple choice plan. we have 5 lines on our family plan and we pay $138 incl. fees and taxes per month. i hope it doesn't change.

I am sure that there is language in the small print allowing for this...

Way back when.... I bought Dish instead of cable... it was listed as $35 'forever'... well, it was that for awhile but I am now up to $115... without telling me they moved me to a 'better' plan that allowed increases.... then they just eliminated the plan that I had bought... easy peasy price increase...

I have a pre-paid plan. Unlimited talk/text and 5gb/mo for $15. No text yet.

You'll have to check for yourself, I don't care if it works in other countries, an d I know nobody in Mexico or Canada.

Got the text too. Disappointing. I guess Lifetime, Price Guaranteed for Life and all that are meaningless.
Or maybe we just lived too long.

We have Cricket at $100 for 4 lines. Used to be 5 lines, but we only had 4 anyway.
It uses the AT&T towers.

I guess nothing is forever. I’ve been happy with T-Mobile, but it’s time I shop around and see what’s out there.

ETA: annoyed that this goes in effect 06/05/24. They could have given more time.

But does it have free roaming, texts and data in 223 countries? Unlimited calling from and to Canada, Mexico and the USA?

I’ve enjoyed the perks, but with the support of eSIMs, getting access in other countries is easy and inexpensive.

DS does this anyways, since the T-Mobile plan he has is slow internationally. It cost him $22 for 10GB (5G) in the EU.

Here’s an example: Czech Republic eSIM with 10 GB of mobile data

Plenty of options are now available.

Pre-paid plan. $15/mo for unlimited talk/text and 5gb/mo. No text yet.

Back
Top Bottom