"Talking Dog" Situation

You'd make an awesome private money manager. :)

Since I am not a natural marketer, I think that would be a tough one, especially in an industry where the biggest liar often wins.

Well but be careful to make sure this is not against the law. In some jobs, such as my former job for the federal government, it was clearly spelled out to us that we can NOT consult for certain companies for a period of time without serious consequences. For example, I know that I cannot consult with oil companies that I dealt with on oil spill modeling or federal environmental matters for at least two years (not that I'd want to!! :2funny:). If I did, I think it would be a criminal matter though I'd have to check my little ethics handbook to see. This is probably worse if you have a security clearance like I did. Have you had ethics training yet? It would tell you about this in ethics training. Also, when you retire they load you down with ethics materials telling you what you must not do, and make you sign things saying that you understand, etc.

Well, this is obviously only a problem at normal levels of gov't employment. When a Congressman, Aide, or Administration appointee leaves the the public payroll the revolving door is spinning so fast it's a blur! :LOL:

"The best thing to do...is to pretend to be an idiot."

In my past job I usually went by your statement above.
But I worked for folks that desperately deserved it.
Your life and mileage I hope is different.
The fact that you see a benefit for your fellow man/woman would probably be the main reason I would consider it.
Also, if you can easily handle it for 3 years (long time but not a life time) might help you build dollars for retirement.
Just Thoughts,
Steve
PS. After enough years in the system it becomes very entertaining to watch the bureaucrats mess it up. Your heart and mind just numb out. Not saying its a good thing but the truth.

You'd make an awesome private money manager. :)
Since I am not a natural marketer, I think that would be a tough one, especially in an industry where the biggest liar often wins.
Sarah might be referring to the part where you ER and manage your own family's money in the privacy of your own home...

I think you're much more likely to become a nationally-known homebrew writer & judge than to join someone else's [-]boss[/-] small business. But you'd make a slam-dunk entrepreneur.

Well round 1 this morning. I tried to keep it to howls and barks, but I let a few discernable words loose as well. I also larded it with a clear indication that not much help is forthcoming given the rampant overscheduling.

We'll see how much damage I did. The sad thing is that I would love to work on this issue as it is an enduring career focus for, but after getting burned repeatedly this is a "no nookie without the ring" situation.

So to torture this analogy a bit further, you feel that you're likely to get screwed no matter what?

Without a kiss...

My motto, from years of experience: No good deed goes unpunished...

So to torture this analogy a bit further, you feel that you're likely to get screwed no matter what?

Pretty much. In part, I am my own worst enemy. I have been thinking about how to deal with this issue for a good 6 months and am dying to pursue it simply because it is an enduring interest of mine.

Call me an intellectual floozy.

Back
Top Bottom