The Masters

I say Directv broadcasting Amen Corner, 15, and 16 in the 4K is pretty awesome!

Whoever wins is fine by me. Sure was crazy wind yesterday, but I love The Masters. I always know where I will be once a year on Masters Sunday afternoon (in front of the best TV I can find). I did attend in person in 1989, a bucket list day.

I would like Freddie to win, but bet a young guy ends up winning. Peters and Fowler are only 1 behind at the moment.

Have to pull for Freddie being a UH alum but Jon Rahm has such a good swing and he's incredibly long.

noticed that yesterday - what happened - he stop eating meat? he needs a cheezburger or something

Wow - cut line is at 46 players making the weekend right now. I'm rooting for Rory mostly because his game impresses me, but I like Spieth too.

ETA: Cut line is at 53 players, the last several of which are tied for 46th. My bad.

Last edited:
John Rahm is amazing.

I miss Tiger. Maybe he will take Arnies place with Jack and Gary as honorary starters.

Kudos to Sergio for finally winning a major and to do it on what would have been Seve's 60th birthday gives it even more significance. Well done Spaniard.

Kudos to Sergio for finally winning a major and to do it on what would have been Seve's 60th birthday gives it even more significance. Well done Spaniard.

He always had the talent but in the past his head always got in the way. Now that he got over the hump it wouldn't surprise me if he wins a couple more majors before his career is over.

I miss Tiger. Maybe he will take Arnies place with Jack and Gary as honorary starters.
Agree to disagree. Though Tiger had a great run and he's earned his place in golf history, it seems to be over. And the way he disgraced himself - it would seem inconsistent to "honor" him in the same way The Masters have Jack, Arnie, Gene, Gary, Sam, Byron and others. YMMV

As always, I enjoyed Sunday afternoon at The Masters. I'd rather have seen Justin win, but Sergio clearly earned the win. The nerves were evident as always, I doubt any of us can really imagine what it feels like to close out a Masters, especially neck and neck at the finish.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. Though Tiger had a great run, it seems to be over, and the way he disgraced himself - it would seem inconsistent to "honor" him in the same way The Masters have Jack, Arnie, Gene, Gary, Sam, Byron and others. YMMV

From what I read Arnie was no saint in his younger married days, many in the press knew about it but didn't write about those things back then.

From what I read Arnie was no saint in his younger married days, many in the press knew about it but didn't write about those things back then.

And I don't think Arnie ever said a bad word about Tiger--they seem to have been close friends til Palmer died. I'm glad Sergio finally won--he was one of the players who was portrayed as Tiger's competition/rival back in the day, and I had forgotten he had not won a major, so good for him.

Did anyone else think that the way Sergio took his 2 club lengths for his unplayable out of the bush on the left side of 13 (?) was a little sloppy?

Normally I've seen players leave the ball where it is, lay down then mark the first club length with a tee, move the club, mark the second length with a tee, then pick up the ball and drop it.

What I thought I saw was Sergio pick up his ball first, *not* lay down the club all the way, I didn't see him even mark the first club length, then move the club to mark the second club length with a tee.

I don't like the notion of fans calling in penalties, and I'm glad for Sergio that he won, and CBS was filming it really well and they certainly know how an unplayable should be handled, so it's really more of a matter of curiosity if I'm missing something or not. I wouldn't think that the 2 club lengths of an unplayable is handled differently from an immovable obstruction, but maybe I'm all wet.

Last edited:
Did anyone else think that the way Sergio took his 2 club lengths for his unplayable out of the bush on the left side of 13 (?) was a little sloppy?

Normally I've seen players leave the ball where it is, lay down then mark the first club length with a tee, move the club, mark the second length with a tee, then pick up the ball and drop it.

What I thought I saw was Sergio pick up his ball first, *not* lay down the club all the way, I didn't see him even mark the first club length, then move the club to mark the second club length with a tee.

I don't like the notion of fans calling in penalties, and I'm glad for Sergio that he won, and CBS was filming it really well and they certainly know how an unplayable should be handled, so it's really more of a matter of curiosity if I'm missing something or not. I wouldn't think that the 2 club lengths of an unplayable is handled differently from an immovable obstruction, but maybe I'm all wet.

I concede that what he did was different from what my understanding.... that you measure the two club lengths and mark before removing the ball and then remove the ball and drop... so what Sergio did was a bit odd... however a rules official was right there and I don't think the end result was any different so other than process I'm not sure there is much to complain about.

When he picked the ball up right away I though he was going to opt to take it back in line with the pin as far as he wanted and then drop but then he got out the club.

Last edited:
Ah the Masters...the lease competitive major yet its the most coveted. Gotta love seeing 50+ year olds playing who have zero chance of winning, lol. Glad to see Sergio pull through...finally got that monkey off his back.

Ah the Masters...the lease competitive major yet its the most coveted. Gotta love seeing 50+ year olds playing who have zero chance of winning, lol. Glad to see Sergio pull through...finally got that monkey off his back.

if you make the cut you have a chance to win

Back
Top Bottom