This is why I have a premium credit card

TrophyWife

Recycles dryer sheets
I forgot to make a car reservation for our visit to Chicago tomorrow. Guess what-everyone is sold out except for a van rental company. Amex Plat Concierge saved the trip. I called them and they made us a reservation for the car we wanted at a reasonable rate. And I didn't even wait on hold. So worth it!!

I have a card with concierge service but I've never used it because I don't have any good ideas on how to used them and when purchases are involved, they generally don't get you the best deal. They do seem to be handy for last minute or to address an issue situations.
I was thinking they might be handy making reservations at restaurants where language might be an issue when travelling but I think I've read they don't take on tasks where language might be a barrier.

Haven't used any concierge services.

I usually book rental cars through Costco. Book a month ahead, then check especially during the last two weeks before arrival because prices sometimes drop quite a bit then.

Mid week quotes seems to have better prices.

I forgot to make a car reservation for our visit to Chicago tomorrow. Guess what-everyone is sold out except for a van rental company. Amex Plat Concierge saved the trip. I called them and they made us a reservation for the car we wanted at a reasonable rate. And I didn't even wait on hold. So worth it!!

I think you should have rented the van and maybe had an adventure like this one. Polka,Polka,Polka

That’s interesting.

I had Amex Platinum and had an issue with a flight I booked through Amex Travel Services and paid for with the card. After waiting on hold for 30 mins, I was told “There’s nothing we can do. Try calling the airline.”

I cancelled the card shortly thereafter.

Back
Top Bottom