this number does not accept incoming calls

broadway

Full time employment: Posting here.
As I have written elsewhere on this forum, I am job hunting.

Today I left my cell phone at home while I went grocery shopping.

When I arrived home I see a missed call. So taking a chance it wasn't spam, I dialed that number and received a recording that the telephone number does not accept incoming calls. What the ... !!!

Often times that is a company phone system... depending on how it is set up,when a person makes a call the caller ID does not reflect the person's direct line, instead it is one of the company's trunk line numbers. These lines do not accept calls.

I've had issues where the phone number wouldn't accept unidentified incoming calls.

I've had issues where the phone number wouldn't accept unidentified incoming calls.

Our phone company offers that as an option but they want $5/month for it. Nope. Bought a call blocker instead and it works wonderfully.

Broadway, you are job hunting and left your phone at home? Must not be serious? That missed call might have been the one for you!

Often times that is a company phone system... depending on how it is set up,when a person makes a call the caller ID does not reflect the person's direct line, instead it is one of the company's trunk line numbers. These lines do not accept calls.

At my previous j@b all outgoing calls showed as the same number and if you called it you received a perpetual busy signal.

When I arrived home I see a missed call. So taking a chance it wasn't spam, I dialed that number and received a recording that the telephone number does not accept incoming calls. What the ... !!!

There is still the possibility it was a spam call. Check the number on line to see if there have been complaints. If so, then at least you know it was not a prospective employer.

Unless the ID showed it was from a company you applied to or a search firm I would bet it is spam...

I have never heard of a company that is legit blocking incoming calls when they are searching for talent.... just sayin....

Probably a spam call. Spam calls never leave messages, whereas if I was interested enough in you to call, I'd leave a message.

Since the cell phone presumably has voice mail, if they really wanted to talk to you they would have left a voice mail message. After all folks are away from their phones, or following the law not answering the phone when driving etc. Voice mail takes so little effort that they would leave a message.

... unless your cell phone voice mail has an interesting intro message. :)

Been receiving a ton of spam calls of late. I've gotten so that I do not answer any call that I don't know the number who is calling. They never leave a message. I have called back on another line and got no response. That's my guess on the "Does not accept..." situation. YMMV

when I call back on the phone calls that don't leave a message, I get a this line is not currently in service message. if it is not in service how can someone be calling me? I think spam or advertising.

Back
Top Bottom