This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You go sauna to get clean, so why go in there clean? Our sauna where I grew up had a hose and drain right inside so you could open the door and hose off to wash away the sweat when you are done.

Cold water only.
Jeez, giving away Finnish secrets.;)

I am really getting sick of ice. Icy patio, icy steps, icy roads, 6 foot icicles from roof/gutters, ice dams, ice coating meters/walls/lights/bird feeders...

Hang in there. I just saw that the temperature in Dayton has been way below the normal average. It's almost February too.

Spent 45 minutes on the roof today, low '60s, bright sun, smooth water, no wind. There were only a handful of sail boats out on the water. Guess the wealthy boat people were at work?

Dublin (50 miles ENE of Dayton) this morning is +1 degree, 4 MPH wind (0 Wind Chill). Snow on the ground about 5 inches deep. Lots of Sun yesterday, but the Hawk was blowing, and I do not think it got above +20 degrees. Warmer in Anchorage, Alaska.

It may hit 30 today here in Wisconsin. I believe that would be the first time since early December. I hope the warmer weather doesn't bring more snow. We had a record snowfall for December and definitely don't need to add more to the 10 ft piles we already have.

65F and sunny with a brilliant blue sky today.

Roller-bladed to the (outdoor) swimming pool this morning. But it was a bit chilly - so I put on a long sleeved t-shirt :D

What a winter! 37 days with sub-zero temps. That's the most in 31 years. So far we've had the 6th snowiest winter in 120yrs of records and could end up in 4th. There's still a lot of snow on the ground. Today and tomorrow will melt some of it with temps in the 40's but then we get cold again thru at least the middle of the month so it looks like we may have to wait until april to be snow free.

What a winter! 37 days with sub-zero temps. That's the most in 31 years. So far we've had the 6th snowiest winter in 120yrs of records and could end up in 4th. There's still a lot of snow on the ground. Today and tomorrow will melt some of it with temps in the 40's but then we get cold again thru at least the middle of the month so it looks like we may have to wait until april to be snow free.
I feel your pain. Same problem here. 37F today :( but nice and sunny.:D
I'd estimate we have 3' of snowpack still on the ground.:nonono:

Updated: OMG, I didn't see the "10 foot piles" in your earlier post. My condolences on your record snowfall.

It is gradually melting.
When I no longer hear the words "Lake effect snow" on my NWS radio, Spring has arrived! :LOL:
Hang in there...not much longer.

Yikes! Aaron, I lived in your neck of the woods for 28 years and remember it so well. I didn't mind a hard winter so much as the eight weeks of rain that followed some years--that's when the cabin fever really set in. Keep us posted, you aren't doing rain dances, are you?

Yikes! Aaron, I lived in your neck of the woods for 28 years and remember it so well. I didn't mind a hard winter so much as the eight weeks of rain that followed some years--that's when the cabin fever really set in. Keep us posted, you aren't doing rain dances, are you?

This time of year rain can be dangerous. Around hear if it rains during the day that rain will likely freeze during the evening and night. If it's warm enough to not freeze then I welcome the rain because it melts the snow faster and once the snow is gone then the rain thaws the ground faster. The only problem with that is we sometimes get flooding if the snow melts too fast.

Hard to complain about this week's forecast. Temps in the 60's all days, lows in mid 40's, no rain.

For early March that's great.

We are having great weather, too, with highs in the upper 70's and flowers blooming everywhere.

In a couple of months summer will arrive, with its oppressive heat and humidity and I will have to start my A/C. So, I will enjoy springtime while it lasts. When taking the trash out last night, I noticed that even now it is cooler and more pleasant outside than inside.

What a difference 100 miles makes. 100 miles to the south they're getting heavy rain which is melting most of their snow. Here, we're getting upwards of 6 inches of additional snow on top of what we already had. Looks like it will be well into April before i'll actually want to go outside. I called into work today. Ice, covered with several inches of snow, isn't how I want to start my day.

What a difference 1900 miles makes. I am missing your snow aaron and am taking a rest from the afternoon heat, after biking most of the morning.

Actually, I am trying to adapt to the heat so I am running my fantastic fan only and have not tried the AC.

Tomorrow's forecast:

Low: -27C (-17F)
Windchill: -38C (-36F)

Global warming, my a$$.
Time to get the convertible out, top down AC on. Oh, you wrote -. Never mind:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom