This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbbamI - fluff kitty has been the ultimate way for me to express my feelings about this winter season. Thank you.

CatMad3.gif

Today DH and I went over and partially dug out the rental house. Over 34" there and a couple of good sized trees down. One in the driveway and one in the yard. The roads were awful and there were tons of crazy drivers. DC area drivers are the worst. Thank goodness I had the sense to stock up on lots of beer. We'll have 2 or 3 tonight for "medicinal purposes only" and watch the big game.

Khan - that map says it all. DC area right in the bulls eye. Such a heavily populated area. So many suffering without power or heat and unable to get out of their homes. DH and I are fortunate. We have heat and power. We were able to get out today thanks to our neighbor who used his snow blower to clear our cul de sac. The snow plow never touched it.

Holy crap!
CatMad3.gif
How many [-]feet[/-] inches did y'all get?

We had 30-36 inches depending on where it is measured. Finally got all dug out just in time for another 5-6 inches forecast for Tue/Wed. Note that snow is up to the "chin" of the mail box.

At bit of a panic attack when the snow thrower gearshift was very stiff and then froze solid. Thawed it out and found oily rubber gunk on the slider.

Attachments

• Snow results 2010-02-07 007.JPG
    Snow results 2010-02-07 007.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 77
  • New stuff 2010-02-08 001.JPG
    New stuff 2010-02-08 001.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 1
Ahhhh Walt. :p Well, at least it is pretty...right? :hide:

It's raining and about 40 degrees at my abode.

Coming a little late to the party, but I have an excuse. We first had no power, then no internet access due to this lovely storm. Here are a couple of shots I just took today, 2 days after the big storm. We supposedly got about 30" of snow, with more on the way tomorrow. It is beyond depressing. I need that countdown to spring! :D

The first shot is the backyard. You can see how high the snow is piled up on the birdbath and on the benches on the deck. The front shows the mounds of snow after the driveway was shovelled.

SNW0210A.JPG

SNW0210B.JPG

Looks like the new storm may track far enough north so I will get some. I am eternally glad the other missed me and feel sorry for those that got the brunt of it. Doing outdoor stuff today. COLD

[Scene: A New York apartment. Someone knocks on the door.]
Woman: [not opening the door] Yes?
Voice: (mumbling) Mrs. Arlsburgerhhh?
Woman: What?
Voice: (mumbling) Mrs. Johannesburrrr?
Woman: Who is it?
Voice: [pause] Flowers.
Woman: Flowers for whom?
Voice: [long pause] Plumber, ma'am.
Woman: I don't need a plumber. You're that clever shark, aren't you?
Voice: [pause] Candygram.
Woman: Candygram, my foot. You get out of here before I call the police. You're the shark, and you know it.
Voice: Wait. I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.
Woman: A dolphin? Well...okay. [opens door]
[Huge latex and foam-rubber shark head lunges through open door, chomps down on woman's head, and drags her out of the apartment, all while the Jaws attack music is playing.]

Here's the kinda land shark we could really use....

Attachments

• landshark.jpg
    landshark.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 65
Oh, I'm sooo looking forward to my cruise. Not getting me in that ocean though. I'll just look at the pretty water.:cool:

Cold here, only supposed to hit 69. Still having to wear long pants.

Wow, that storm makes the storm i'll be getting tomorrow seem minor. We will be getting 6-10 inches. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere until wednesday afternoon so hopefully most of it will be cleaned up by then.

Cold here, only supposed to hit 69. Still having to wear long pants.
Another coincidental temperature! ;) Had a walk with my wife this morning. In Bermuda shorts of course. ;)

Heat wave. Got to 25 today. From -11 in the morning. Ready for the next blast, last one was 24".

IMG_0267.jpg

Got same snow blower as Walt34.

10"-20" now in the forecast
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif

Geez, what did we do to deserve this? You wouldn't believe the local grocery store today. Total madness.

Heat wave. Got to 25 today. From -11 in the morning. Ready for the next blast, last one was 24".
I guess the good news is that your house gets an "outstanding" on its attic insulation check...

Good observation. First thing after purchase, added 36" to the existing 6". Practice what I preach. Except DW sabotages by keeping thermostat at 74+.

10"-20" now in the forecast

Purron, misery loves company, right? I'm right there with you, bracing for the next onslaught. My biggest hopes right now are the we don't lose power (again) and that we don't have any major house problems. There was a warning today about the possibility of roofs collapsing. :(

The local weatherman said the road conditions today are the best they are going to be all week. :nonono:

Another coincidental temperature! ;) Had a walk with my wife this morning. In Bermuda shorts of course. ;)
You must be used to our cold weather. I see people wandering around with sweaters and jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom