This weather is awful - 2022 to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I saw an article that the US Drought Monitor has declared that California is no longer 100% in drought conditions. That good news is due to the recent storm in the NW corner of the state.

They say CA is now 99.3% in drought! :blink:

Finally received some snow. A reasonable amount, about 4 inches. Very light and fluffy. With the wind today and the orientation of my driveway, the wind seems to have swept off about an inch of it. Easy to deal with my electric snow thrower.

Snow dud

Promises, promises, and then...

Two to four inches they said. Then they said it was three to five inches of snow. What was delivered?

At best, 1.5 inches. And it is cold, going down to 10°F tonight. They say, anyway.

We'll see.

Got hit with freezing rain last night. Route 80 was closed. Got a call today from Amazon asking if I could meet them at the end of our driveway to get my package. Driveway is barely passable in my Jeep in 4wd low. No way an Amazon van would make it.

75 F today. We had 2 " of rain last night too.

Can you please send some of that heat up here to the frozen tundra? Highs today and tomorrow in the single digits with lows in the single digits below zero.

Can you please send some of that heat up here to the frozen tundra? Highs today and tomorrow in the single digits with lows in the single digits below zero.

I wish I could Aaron. My sister-in-law lives in Tomahawk, WI and just called and asked the same question. :D

Last edited:
Cold front coming. Only a high of 70 tomorrow.

I think we'll just stay home for the next couple of days....

Attachments

• forecast.jpg
    forecast.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 49
Here in Conn..I’m expecting a year similar to 2019…average snow…but last snowfall will be in April… which means delays in getting my boat in the drink…. Last year I was in on May 15…earliest in over a decade.

Only in the 60's and rain spritzers today.
Tomorrow maybe into the 70's.
Not exactly awesome, but not awful either.
You can keep those single digit F temps.
Lived there, bailed out. :D

Canaan Valley in WV set a new record for cold last night, -37°F, colder than Alaska! It's probably been colder in the past but the weather station has only been there for three years.

It was a balmy 5°F here this morning.

Ok, it got cold, we've had snow, I'm ready for spring.

Here in NJ we've recently had a few very cold wind-chill days. I add an extra layer (or 2, or 3 ) but still running outside. We got a break a couple of days ago with a light snow fall, which is my favorite running weather:

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 21
Here in NJ we've recently had a few very cold wind-chill days. I add an extra layer (or 2, or 3 ) but still running outside. We got a break a couple of days ago with a light snow fall, which is my favorite running weather:

When I was a long distance runner for two decades, I used to love to run on cold days with clear streets. Now with two hip implants, I can only walk and I do a lot of it.

It was 32 F here in south Texas this morning. Just beautiful out.

We been having decent temperatures this winter as of late. We been having 30's and 40's and that can be a problem living in the north with freezing and thawing. Today it rained so my outing was a short one and headed home early form freezing on roads. A lot of melting has been happening and cricks are running midday most days.

Supposed to get 2-5" of snow tonight. We've only had 6" all season. Boring winter so far with so little snow. We could use some snow for some excitement.

Ronstar, that is the same here. As much as I dislike huge amounts of snow, we do need more snow this winter for so many reasons.

You may be able to break in that new side by side and plow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom