tivodiptv

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I don't know anything about the iptv and was wondering if anyone here uses their service ? it seems to have a lot of content for a low cost. any experiences, thoughts, or suggestions?

I never heard of tivodiptv so I just checked out their website. The site really doesn't go into any significant detail about anything, which would concern me.

Looking at the FAQs on the website, I see ambiguity about what channels actually are supported. One place says 19,000 channels. Another place says 16,000 channels. I can't imagine what that must look like in a user interface. And notice there is no hint as to how to actually use the service. No screen shots. Not tutorials. And to be picky, the website is filled with bad English/grammar and punctuation type errors. I'm guessing they are a European (perhaps) company and they just have done a poor job of setting up an English language website.

Also, as shown in the screen shot, they allude to "including" Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. I'm virtually positive that they do NOT include those services. They may include a capability to sign into those services (which you pay for separately).

I don't really know what you're going to get if you sign up. A box that you connect to your TV that has apps running on it? A website that you have to run a browser on your TV? The list for each package level says "Support all devices". What does that mean?

I'd have to see this in action and know more about the company behind it before I'd send them my credit card.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 9.01.20 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 9.01.20 AM.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 25
I found 2 videos on YouTube which appear to be uploaded by the company. Both were useless.

As near as I can tell, they are just another streaming TV service like Pluto, FreeVee, and Tube. But I find it hard to believe they have 19,000 channels.

Sounds like an offshore hosted service of questionable legality.

When Is IPTV Illegal?

One can never be 100% sure when identifying an illegal IPTV provider. However, you can often spot many hints that should immediately raise red flags:

• They are hosted offshore.
  • The provider is associated with streaming or downloading TV content without permission or a license.
  • They offer channels that aren’t licensed in your country.
  • They don’t mention their partners.
  • Their services are free or unusually cheap (licenses are expensive).
  • They suggest you use a VPN for the optimal experience.
  • They encourage paying with untraceable payment methods like cryptocurrencies.

I don't know anything about the iptv and was wondering if anyone here uses their service?
Nobody will admit to using these low cost IPTV services since they are illegal.

Here is one IPTV that was recently shuttered: https://cordcuttersnews.com/the-iptv-streamzz-service-gets-shutdown-by-ace/

Also, as shown in the screen shot, they allude to "including" Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. I'm virtually positive that they do NOT include those services. They may include a capability to sign into those services (which you pay for separately).
The content is obtained illegally and included in the subscription. Most also include HBO and PPV channels.

As near as I can tell, they are just another streaming TV service like Pluto, FreeVee, and Tube. But I find it hard to believe they have 19,000 channels.
Pluto, Hulu and the like are legal IPTVs that have paid the appropriate license fees to the content creators.

ETA: I see that REW posted while I was typing.

Last edited:
the part about the vpn bothers me the most. if they were legitimate why would you need to hide?

LG webOS and Roku Channel provide similar for no charge. I'd say we're talking about a couple hundred channels on each and they are pretty much the same channels, but certainly not in the thousands.

With Tivo, I imagine they nicely integrate with their user interface, which has some value. However, I'm surprised that they would charge for the capability, and wonder where in the world they are getting over 10,000 channels from and what kind of quality or level of interest there would be in most of them? Similar to cable, you pay for a couple hundred, but maybe there's just a few that are of any interest.

LG webOS and Roku Channel provide similar for no charge. I'd say we're talking about a couple hundred channels on each and they are pretty much the same channels, but certainly not in the thousands.

With Tivo, I imagine they nicely integrate with their user interface, which has some value. However, I'm surprised that they would charge for the capability, and wonder where in the world they are getting over 10,000 channels from and what kind of quality or level of interest there would be in most of them? Similar to cable, you pay for a couple hundred, but maybe there's just a few that are of any interest.

I don't think this is affiliated with TiVo at all. Notice the name is tivoDiptv and not tivoiptv. I saw no hint of it being part of TiVo on their website.

I don't think this is affiliated with TiVo at all. Notice the name is tivoDiptv and not tivoiptv. I saw no hint of it being part of TiVo on their website.

Ok, my mistake...I guess the name just caught me.

As others suggested, be wary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom