Today's Grocery List

Here's mine.

Candy bars, baked goods, tequila and rye whiskey, fillet mignon and bean sprouts. Benihana steak tonight with margaritas. German chocolate cake for dessert - :)

If that is your actual birthday, then there is no reason for anyone to forget it.

I do enjoy Aldi...so much good food for CHEAP. I am not a huge fan of them taking CCs now though...it has gotten considerably busier since they started taking them.

Cart server gave me 5 free 1/2 sammiches yesterday cause she was about to throw them out - just ate two for breakfast.

Going shopping in a minute. this trip will be a little more expensive as I'm loading up for our vacation at the shore house next week. I'm going to Shoprite for some sales.

Butter (this is my splurge, I love the European variety at 5 bucks a pound)
cereal for kids (frosted flakes, apple jacks etc) 2.00 bucks a box on sale
Aunt Jemima pancake mix and cereal. 35OZ box and syrup. 2.00 bucks each
96oz tropicana OJ 5.00
soda (4 12 pack cans coke variety) 10 bucks
2 cases of water 7.00
gatorade
frozen hamburger patties 20.00
buns
paper plates
paper towels
plastic cups

hoping to keep it at 100 bucks.

^ you and DW have to have that good butter lol

I like that expensive grass fed beef and buy it regularly.

Not much marbling and not as tender, but it seems to have more "flavor" somehow which is kinda weird as I thought the flavor comes from the fat.

It's "different" enough that I spend twice as much to have it from time to time.

A partial list from today's grocery shopping.
1 lb. Roma tomatoes $.99
Bananas $.44/lb
large cucumber $.49
Despite my oft-claimed superior memory, I am not good at remembering prices. But the above stick out in my mind, because I just made an errand to a nearby store at my wife's request.

Tomatoes: 3 lbs for $0.99

Bananas: 3 lbs for $0.99

Large cucumbers: 6 for $0.99

I guess our location being close to Yuma (or do they import produce from Mexico) helps.

This morning went shopping and brought back...
3 lbs "grape" tomatoes
4 lbs large tomatoes
2 lbs okra
1.5 lbs asparagus
4 lbs japanese eggplant
basil
rosemarry
Total cost $0
Shopped in backyard garden. :D

Cheers!

That's a real winner, although if I could grow that here, my water bill would be mucho $$$.

Nice. We shop at Aldi's every week. We're about to head out of town for a month so today's trip was very light. $14 for half a cart full of fruit and vegetables, some mac and cheese boxes for the kids, TP, hot dogs, cookies/snacks (summer camp next week!).

Bought a young frozen turkey today, 97¢ Canadian per lb, (~ 75¢ US).....have a variety of meals out of it, make some stock for a soup/stew.

When I go to Aldi's I am amazed at how little I spend for a lot of groceries then I go to Fresh Market and am amazed at how much I spend for a few items .

Lol really laughing! We got a steal today 16 oz of amazing blueberries. 2.99 yum

I'm secretly going to pick huckleberries...won't tell if you dont ;)

Back
Top Bottom