Tracfone Strategy

I found a slightly cheaper strategy: Buy one 60 minute card for $20, then "supersize it" by extending it to 365 days of airtime for an additional $49. Plus I get some bonus minutes because tracfone is getting frantic that my airtime is about to expire.

I usually get my bonus codes over at FW, plus you can check to see if the code is still good for your phone before purchasing the airtime. My understanding is that a bonus code can only be used once per phone. I usually get the 60 min card and use a bonus code good for 60-90 minutes plus my DFML. $20 gives me a min of 180 minutes and an extra 90 days. For my purposes, I don't need the additional airtime cost because everytime you add a X minute card it extends another 90 days. Just depends on how often you re-load the phone with minutes.

Actually my $70 got me 110 minutes (20 minute bonus plus 30 minutes for complaining about their web site and credit card policy), plus the supersizing added a year to the 90 days, so I'm good until June 2010.

The phone was useful today because I dropped the car off for maintenance, and they called me riding home on my bike to get an OK for the estimate for some extra work -- let them get started 1.5 hours earlier.

Back
Top Bottom