TRICARE premium increases

It only applies to the family rate?
No, it also raises the $230 singles rate by $30.

I try to keep my blog posts between 1000-2000 words, and even that's considered kinda long for most attention spans. If I tried to summarize every single Tricare change proposal then the post would read like Volume I of a submarine reactor plant manual.

If you're using one of the variants of Tricare other than Prime then it's worth plowing through all the links to see what specific changes are proposed.

There's also language in the bill about raising prescription copays from $3 to $12 at the pharmacy in order to encourage people to use the mail service.

Nords,

Thanks for keeping this info updated on the board - I don't keep as much track of it as I should (but probably will pay more attention in 5 months or so ;-))

No, it also raises the $230 singles rate by $30.

Maybe next time they'll actually start asking doctors why they generally don't want to accept TRICARE, and raise it to a more competitive rate. Instead it seems like they're trying to tick everyone off while accomplishing nothing.

I'd be much happier if it was actual insurance rather than an all-encompassing plan (or at least have the option of one of the other), since it'd actually be cheaper for a lot of people, but the odds of that happening are just about slim to none.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom