Trump's Tax Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not a political post just wondering what others think of his plan. To me sounds almost too good to be true and I don't see how it wold generate enough revenue to cover government spending, short term or long term. It is still lacking some specifics as to what loopholes would be closed and deductions eliminated.

What say you oh wise sages of the forum ?

Seems to me like the same supply side plan tried by "W" and Kansas. In theory, lower the rates and the economy surges to make up for all the lost revenue. It's never actually worked before. Seems like the deficit has gone down & economy done better under Clinton/Obama when rates were raised. Pretty easy to see who the winners will be when the top rate is reduced to 25%, estate taxes eliminated, corporate taxes reduced to 15% and "unspecified deductions/loopholes" are never changed.

Setting up a structure to keep manufacturing here (or to return home) seems like a no brainer to me. The problem with any proposal however, is getting them through congress without being derailed by the other party.

So if I dare to mention that similar plans of reducing taxes on the wealthy and thus increasing growth (like our old friend trickle down economics, aka voodoo economics) have not exactly been borne out in practice will I get this thread shut down immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom