TurboTax deal back again

That page is showing 9.99 for me. It has columns for Flagship and All other Vanguard clients.

Also when I click on the "Save now on TurboTax" link under the TT logo at the top, it opens a popup window but that window redirects to an Intuit page and shows "an unexpected error occurred, please try again later" error.

That is strange. Here is a pic of my screen. Complementary Premier with state for desktop download for Flagship. I also get no error message and am taken to the TT site w/o issues.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420909277885.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420909277885.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 12
That page is showing 9.99 for me. It has columns for Flagship and All other Vanguard clients.

Also when I click on the "Save now on TurboTax" link under the TT logo at the top, it opens a popup window but that window redirects to an Intuit page and shows "an unexpected error occurred, please try again later" error.
Maybe clear your cache and try again?

Mine shows the same. I thought Online $9.99 was the price, didn't notice it was complimentary for the download.

Took several tries to get the link to load, then I had to log in with Intuit credentials and then had to click the download link.

Wow, they are now making you use your Turbotax/Intuit login to password protect your tax return file, instead of a local encryption.

Another way to track what you're doing.

Intuit is so damn sleazy.

I'm not rushing over to sign up for 2014 TT (Flagship edition) until the end of the month when I have all of my data assembled. I will then spend about an hour getting it done on TT. I used to do it manually and it took me about 20 hours or so.

I think it was all of the arithmetic that slowed me down in those stubby-pencil days.

Back once again, for now, anyway.

For those who don't get a deal from Vanguard/Fidelity: Today it's $20 for Deluxe, $30 for Premium. Straight from Intuit.

I tried the link on Friday, but did not see the discount price (it showed $89.99). I looked again today, and was able to purchase the Premier download for $30.00.

Thanks!

Oh, and my Premier download does include one State for free, even though the product page said, "State Additional".

Last edited:
I am only finding $54.99, with state additional. This is for Premier. Did you log in to your account? Was the sale price on the home page, or did you need to dig for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Did you scroll down on the first page you come to on the link posted? Deluxe just showed at $20 for me.

I couldn't seem to catch/qualify for any of the other offers. So I bought mine from Costco for $55. It's annoying to have to go for the Premier but prolly not worth the switching costs to a new program. I generally have to buy two copies one for my mom and then one for myself, because in past years they charge as much for a 2nd state as they do for the whole product.

Also if you want to file for an extension the summer is particularly good time to buy Turbo Tax.

Last edited:
Very strange. I have received 3 different prices checking with my computer. BUT, when I checked on the tablet I got the $30 price. Of course, I don't want turbotax on my tablet.

I am only finding $54.99, with state additional. This is for Premier. Did you log in to your account? Was the sale price on the home page, or did you need to dig for it?

I just clicked on the link given by the OP. I did not have to log on until purchasing.

BUT, now I just tried the link again and it's back up to the full price. Maybe they just keep the discounted price up for a few hours at a time?

Thanks getting there
I think you are correct, and it is a moving target. I'll keep on trying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I bought the other day, but if I look today at the link in the first post, the price for Home and Business is 99.99. I hit the refresh button several times and it showed up once as 84.99 and then 99.99. Funny site.

I downloaded Premier for free from Vanguard...no issues doing so.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Deluxe $24.99 and Premier $34.99 here all day everyday

KingDeals4u

Oh cool, cheaper than Costco.

On the website it also said the following.
Some important changes for 2014 TurboTax: The 2014 TurboTax Deluxe will no longer be able to prepare Schedules C, D, E, or F. It will prepare a simple Schedule C-EZ for some people who qualify for that simpler form. The TurboTax Premier will no longer be able to prepare a full Schedule C or F, you would need to get the TurboTax Home Business. The Mac OS requirement for the Deluxe and Premier is 10.7.5 and above, Please purchase wisely, Thank you.

What circumstance would you need to file a Schedule C?. Rentals are covered under Schedule E, which I guess premier supports now.

If you already purchased Deluxe before realizing the functionality had changed, Intuit will upgrade you to Premier for free if you call them and request it.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

What circumstance would you need to file a Schedule C?. Rentals are covered under Schedule E, which I guess premier supports now.

Schedule C for self-employed folks.

If you already purchased Deluxe before realizing the functionality had changed, Intuit will upgrade you to Premier for free if you call them and request it.

I called them this morning, after waiting an hour for a rep, he said "Sorry, you'll still need to buy the upgrade to Premier". I was able to get Deluxe download last month and will have Fidelity reimburse me the $30 upgrade instead. After 2 weeks, they still can't figure out why I'm not getting Premier for free (still shows as $55) as a Private Client customer.

I called them this morning, after waiting an hour for a rep, he said "Sorry, you'll still need to buy the upgrade to Premier". I was able to get Deluxe download last month and will have Fidelity reimburse me the $30 upgrade instead. After 2 weeks, they still can't figure out why I'm not getting Premier for free (still shows as $55) as a Private Client customer.
Try an email to this address TurboTax_Advocate@intuit.com asking for a free upgrade, suggesting you purchased the Deluxe version expecting the same functionality as last year.

Some important changes for 2014 TurboTax: The 2014 TurboTax Deluxe will no longer be able to prepare Schedules C, D, E, or F. It will prepare a simple Schedule C-EZ for some people who qualify for that simpler form. The TurboTax Premier will no longer be able to prepare a full Schedule C or F, you would need to get the TurboTax Home Business. The Mac OS requirement for the Deluxe and Premier is 10.7.5 and above, Please purchase wisely, Thank you.
That's another advantage of the H&R Block product: Schedule C (for self-employed folks) is included in their Premier version. Retail, It's about $50 less than the TT Home and Business that Intuit is trying to drive customers to buy. Plus, no "here now--gone tomorrow" prices, or seeing different prices depending on how you enter their web page, etc. I just think Intuit, or at least their marketing folks, are not very upfront with their prospective customers. And I don't think their practices will change, as we've seen this movie before.

Try an email to this address TurboTax_Advocate@intuit.com asking for a free upgrade, suggesting you purchased the Deluxe version expecting the same functionality as last year.

Success! I gave your suggestion a shot, figured it couldn't hurt to send the email. After waiting all day with no response, I got a reply overnight to call the same number as before. Just calling them to complain about it wasn't enough, they needed an email complaint first?!?! They did verify that I received the email offer and that I actually downloaded Deluxe before sending me the upgrade. Thanks for the tip.

Now I need to figure out what to move around in my Fidelity account to re qualify for Premier since they have new requirements this year and it seems they used my account as a baseline to disqualify me. Apparently, being self employed is no longer considered a "workplace" to Fidelity.

Back
Top Bottom