TV from elsewhere

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The gal was trying to come up with a way to watch tv on her iphone last night and found this (which didn't work for her). I find about 1/2 the stuff will play on my desk machine. Watched a little Afghani news, some Russian rock, and a little of an old Chinese movie complete with commercials. Can't understand a darn thing! Though i did hear Hamas and see scenes of blown up city on the Afghani channel. The Chinese commercials are easier to watch than ours since there's no pressure to buy - often 'cause i'm not real sure what's being sold! Could be some of the listers who have moved to the states from other countries would appreciate a touch of the old country.

wwiTV.com - The ultimate guide to Live TV webcasts.

Watch TV from:
Afghanistan 5 Albania 5 Algeria 6 Andorra 1 Angola 1 Antigua & Barbedos 1 Argentina 28 Armenia 9 Australia 19 Austria 41 Azerbaijan 4 Bahrain 1 Bangladesh 1 Belarus 1 Belgium 32 Belize 2 Benin 1 Bolivia 7 Bosnia-Herzegovina 9 Brazil 94 Brunei Daris. 1 Bulgaria 20 Cameroon 1 Canada 61 Chile 21 China 57 Colombia 16 Congo 2 Costa Rica 5 Cote D'ivoire 3 Croatia 7 Cuba 2 Cyprus 5 Czech Rep. 20 Denmark 12 Djibouti 1 Dominican Rep. 25 Ecuador 5 Egypt 9 El Salvador 6 Estonia 5 Ethiopia 1 Faroe Islands 1 Fiji 1 Finland 7 Fr. Guiana 1 Fr. Polynesia 1 France 82 Georgia 2 Germany 169 Ghana 1 Greece 43 Greenland 2 Guatemala 1 Haiti 5 Honduras 11 Hong Kong 3 Hungary 60 Iceland 4 India 46 Indonesia 7 Iran 31 Iraq 7 Ireland 8 Israel 31 Italy 125 Japan 28 Jordan 1 Kazakhstan 1 Kenya 1 Korea, North 1 Korea, South 25 Kosovo 3 Kurdistan 5 Kuwait 4 Latvia 10 Lebanon 5 Libya 2 Lithuania 5 Luxemburg 3 Macau 1 Macedonia 8 Malaysia 2 Malta 7 Mauritania 1 Mauritius 1 Mexico 48 Moldova 3 Mongolia 1 Montenegro 1 Morocco 5 Myanmar 1 Nepal 1 Netherlands 98 New Zealand 7 Nicaragua 1 Niger 1 Nigeria 2 Norway 24 Oman 1 Pakistan 17 Panama 5 Paraguay 1 Peru 13 Philippines 7 Poland 53 Portugal 24 Puerto Rico 9 Qatar 6 Reunion 2 Romania 48 Russian fed. 38 San Marino 1 Saudi Arabia 9 Serbia 13 Seychelles 1 Singapore 1 Slovakia 13 Slovenia 9 South Africa 5 Spain 94 Sri Lanka 7 Suriname 1 Sweden 10 Switzerland 24 Syria 1 Taiwan 6 Thailand 23 Trinidad&Tob. 2 Tunesia 4 Turkey 149 Ukraine 14 Un. Arab Em. 6 United Kingdom 66 Uruguay 3 USA (loc. AL-CA) 92 USA (loc. CO-HI) 94 USA (loc. ID-MA) 95 USA (loc. MI-NY) 110 USA (loc. NC-TN) 108 USA (loc. TX-WY) 107 USA [a-l] 90 USA [m-z] 59 Uzbekistan 2 Vatican City 2 Venezuela 21 Vietnam 14 Zimbabwe 1 </B>​

Thanks for the link! So far I haven't been able to play anything on my desktop, but I'll keep trying!

Well it's not TV, but, if your gal wants to listen to radios from every corner of the globe on her iphone, then I highly recommend the "wunder radio" app. They have over 20,000 streaming radio stations from all over the world plus they have streaming police / fire scanners from all over the US. I tried the other radio apps available on itunes, but they are not nearly as good as this one.

The gal was trying to come up with a way to watch tv on her iphone last night and found this (which didn't work for her). I find about 1/2 the stuff will play on my desk machine. Watched a little Afghani news, some Russian rock, and a little of an old Chinese movie complete with commercials. Can't understand a darn thing!

AWESOME!!! A new found way to waste time!!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks!!! :D

Hmmm... I've noticed the opposite from outside the US. More and more video links for me come up as "unavailable in your country".

not yet.. but thanks for the advice calmloki and FIREdreamer; I will look into it. It didn't use to be an issue until recently!

Another iphone app: TVU - more tv programs from all over, streaming to your iphone. Lots of old movies - also works on the web, but with HULU, why bother...

Back
Top Bottom