UPDATE: Mrs. Thefed's inflatable bounce house rental business...

Just wondering how you handled the insurance cost due to the injuries reported with these devices?

My DW w*rks with a guy who was interested in the same business, but backed out due to the cost of insurance.

Just wondering how you handled the insurance cost due to the injuries reported with these devices?

My DW w*rks with a guy who was interested in the same business, but backed out due to the cost of insurance.

Well, I pay it!

The insurance costs pales in comparison to our revenues...but going in it seems intimidating. Also, a lot of companies out there send their apps to the same underwriters....there's only a handful of companies writing these policies. If the info varies even a little from app to app and it makes it to the same underwriter...they'll often jack the 'correct' rate up 500% or more.

Safety is our #1 concern and we dont mess around. Parents/kids not obeying are not tolerated. We will drop a unit right in the middle of an event if it is being mis-used or is left unsupervised and we find out.

Nice one Fed!
If I may ask, how much profit for the season after expenses?

Do you have to do much of the back breaking work yourself?

This sounds like a it may be a good business for my wife here in Panama. Folks are having allot of kids here in the developing world....and they love kids and parties. They also don't have the crazy tort laws like they do in the states.

Best of Luck,
Surf

Nice one Fed!
If I may ask, how much profit for the season after expenses?

Do you have to do much of the back breaking work yourself?

This sounds like a it may be a good business for my wife here in Panama. Folks are having allot of kids here in the developing world....and they love kids and parties. They also don't have the crazy tort laws like they do in the states.

Best of Luck,
Surf

We added a truck and a bunch of new stuff this year, but as a guess I'd say 65k was profit. I do a lot of the work myself and have 2 part time workers plus my wife. My wife and I put in a combined 500-600 hours.

well, the new season is upon us and we are ROLLIN along. Invested over 250k this year...go big or go home...right? New location...2 total now. Tripled inflatable inventory. Added two innovative products that we developed and built which WILL revolutionize the party industry in NE Ohio. One of them is the ONLY item of it's kind in the entire USA.

We are taking over...all the competition must be crapping their pants. We've made the news, got a free $30k booth at the Home Show to showcase our new products, the websites are on fire, and there's still snow on the ground. Getting 10+ calls/day right now, booking a few each day...and putting out lots of $1k+ quotes for events. Looking good so far...

Watch out FIRE!!!

well, the new season is upon us and we are ROLLIN along. Invested over 250k this year...go big or go home...right? New location...2 total now. Tripled inflatable inventory. Added two innovative products that we developed and built which WILL revolutionize the party industry in NE Ohio. One of them is the ONLY item of it's kind in the entire USA.

We are taking over...all the competition must be crapping their pants. We've made the news, got a free $30k booth at the Home Show to showcase our new products, the websites are on fire, and there's still snow on the ground. Getting 10+ calls/day right now, booking a few each day...and putting out lots of $1k+ quotes for events. Looking good so far...

Watch out FIRE!!!

Wow, that all sounds great!

If you want to run with the big dogs you gotta get off the porch. Well you are off the porch and leading the big dogs.

I dont think people ever cut their kids totally out of the equation...especially young kids like we cater to. And so far the referrals are really flowing in!

KB- Yes I do still have the other stuff going ...air ducts are VERY slow...lawn care is booming as we picked up a 60k contract maintaining some of the foreclosures. And of course the rental properties....just got another under contract yesterday- pics to follow!

Make sure you take time to spend time with your family, don't let success make you neglect them..........;)

TheFed, I don't know about the other mods, but I don't think we'd mind seeing your website posted here if you don't mind sharing it. The link posting restrictions are mostly aimed at new "sign up and spam" type posters rather than such longtime contributors such as yourself.

And congrats on a wonderful business. I love hearing of your successes!

Sarah, you should only permit 'bounce house rental' links if the poster gives 35% off to all ER.org members. The coupon code could be "Bacon"...

Look, REW, I think we know all about my fondness for children. The only way I'm hiring a bounce house if I can take it with me to the hippie music festival and post a sign for no kids allowed! ;)
But I like the way you are thinking...

I would think that it would be OK to post since we are asking. The CRs say

However, participants may mention affiliation with a commercial entity (occasionally) in the body of a post but may not discuss products or services unless answering a direct question. Participants may also in response to an direct inquiry provide a link to a website in which the participant has a commercial interest

especially if a coupon is involved.

i'd be happy to post it but have had enough things removed/complained about that i'll let a mod chime in first

the two new cutting-edge products i keep mentioning are the video gaming theater and diamond heist laser maze. be kind when commenting on the site, it was slapped together while i was in cancun 2 days before our un-veiling! still a work in progress

When thefed said he had a product in development that would appeal to adults but go along with the inflatables, I thought maybe it was something like one of these two:

Attachments

• large-lars.jpg
    large-lars.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Airplane-Otto-03.jpg
    Airplane-Otto-03.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 8
Nakid zorbs...I'm just sayin

those zorbs are insanely popular already. we worked with the manufacturer to develop them, and plan on bringing them to market in about 3 months. we will be targeting other rental companies first

i prefer naked laser maze over zorbing, for the record. just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom