Using a Universal Remote with an LG OLED65C9PUA or ???

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We exclusively use URC Remote control units, I have about 10 of the things. I noticed tat the TV I want to get LG OLED65C9PUA uses something called a Magic Remote. I want to use my URC Remotes with Standard IR but cannot find any onformation.

My remote says in the software for programming it that it supports ythe OLED65B8 aso I am sure it is the same as the C9.

I gues the main question is does the C9 have a IR sensor or IR Input jack?

I have an older LG OLED model and yes it does have an IR sensor, bottom center. It was a little bit of a problem when I had the TV on the provided stand and a soundbar in front of it, the soundbar would partially block the IR sensor. Moved the TV to a wall mount so not an issue now. I use a Harmony universal remote and it works fine with the TV.

I have the 2018 version of the tv and use Harmony remotes without any problem. The picture on these OLED tv’s is addicting. ENJOY!

I have the 2018 version of the tv and use Harmony remotes without any problem. The picture on these OLED tv’s is addicting. ENJOY!

Where is the IR Sensor on the TV? Is it obvious? They also come with their Magic Remote" which appears to be RF. I am not sure though.

I don’t know where the infra-red is on the screen, we just point the Harmony One at the creek and it works.

EdL3

Not that related to the original post, but my goal today is to transfer the codes from my crappy media player's remote to my old time clunky but effective Marantz learning remote.

Kind of a tedious process, but I will thank myself when all done.

Attachments

• remotes.JPG
    remotes.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Way easier to do with software and MX-880 style remote from URC. I gave up using that one you have probably 15 to 20 years ago, you really need to upgrade. :)

PS, I had no issues setting up our new LG OLED TV to our URC remotes.

Attachments

• #Delete.JPG
    #Delete.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom