Vaccines and hypersensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even then, opinions varied.

The older doc looks like he could be the one but it's been 15 or 20 years since seeing the billboard. How times have changed. Makes me wonder what our kids will know when I'm gone. Fortunately, they (apparently) were never tempted to smoke but YMMV.

biggest wave of infection still to come

Dr. Gottlieb former FDA commissioner.
He has been on once a week on Face the Nation.

You'll want to watch until the end regarding how long we will have to wait for vaccines to save us. He's saying March 2021. And I am guessing that is if everything goes right and that is for people who first get the vaccine.

It is not a rosey picture.

Like many, I am concerned that approved vaccines do not prevent illness in a significant % of those vaccinated. The other issue is whether or not vaccination with another product will cause an adverse reaction.

Bioscientists are working long hours to explore options to prevent not only disease but infection. I came upon a report of research addressing infection. Note that the vaccines only prevent the disease, not infection. As a result an immune suppressed relative is not protected from Covid19.

My concern is that if the vaccine is for example 60% effective, what about the 40% who still get the virus? It is not equivocal to getting the flu with some of the long term effects we are starting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom