Video Concening an Experiment Comparing Diets

Did the video mention the formula for loosing weight:
"Expend more calories than you consume"
or the corollary
"Consume fewer calories than you expend"

Your not going to get far with that train of thought around here. The truth is many people over estimate how many calories they are expending and under estimate how many calories they are consuming.

I try to stay out of these discussions, because using your theory has helped me gain and lose several hundred, if not thousand, pounds. Depending on what I am trying to accomplish I do modify my diet and workouts. For example when attempting to gain size I eat more protein (heavier lifting and no much cardio), when attempting to lose total weight I lighten up on protein and carbs (lighter lifting and a lot of cardio). When attempting to just lose fat, I eat a good amount of protein and more carbs (moderately heavy lifting and a lot of cardio). I've been told countless times on here that my plan can't work because I'm not following any of the approved diets. I've been doing this for 16 years and it has been consistent the entire time. My workouts are as strenuous as some of the 20 years olds I work with and I'm in great shape. I'm starting to get worked up now so I'll bow out and lurk.

I could be wrong......

But all the advertisements n TV for statins and other cholesterol and trigliceride reducing meds always state that the use of these medications has never been shown to reduce stokes, heart attacks, or other death factors.

Listening to those comments on the products(as well as the incredible yucky side effects which reduce the quality of life) makes me wonder if any studies have shown that reducing cholesterol etc has ever been proven the reduce strokes or heart attacks.

The drug companies want you to buy, and they spend huge amounts of time brain-washing doctors who have never had any training in nutrition.

I have read recently that studies have shown that the same percentage of low-cholesterol individuals have died of heart disease/attack as high-cholesterol individuals. This, combined with the potential side effects of statins makes me go "hmmmm." Millions of people take statins...are they truly effective or simply a drug company hoodwink? My doctor prescribed a statin for me but I have refused to take it. I have an appointment with him tomorrow to discuss several issues, including this. I may be a moron, but I refuse to spend my "golden years" tied to a pill box. Just won't do it.

Back
Top Bottom