VISA/MC forex settlement

Hmmm... I wonder what will happen with me....

I lived in London for 14 months but did not use my card for that much... but did take trips while living in London.... so do I get the whole 14 months or only the 6 to 8 weeks traveling:confused:

Texas, I'd put the whole time down. We lived on our boat in the Bahamas for part of that time, and I included that in the 19 weeks we listed in Option 2. Now, I wonder how many years it will be before we see this money? ;)

Just submitted option 2 for 135 days over 10+ years. (Life in 7 years of ER has been good!)

Just wondering though if they can dial down the Option 1 $25 payment based on numbers of people replying, too. A side of me wonders whether several years from now we won't all be getting $8 or $9 while the lawyers walk away with $120 million. After all, if they have 332 million to spend, 10 million visa users asking for $25 apiece could use up 250 million and that doesn't even get to Option 2 or 3 (which they clearly state can be dialed down based on number of people applying...) I dunno....

I filed though because I was so sore for many years about Visa and MC (and Amex -- how did they get out of this suit?) doing this forex scam -- I'm glad the suit is requiring them to pay up and presumably mend their ways. I was particularly miffed to learn that not only were they putting on the 2% transaction fee, but they were also sometimes not giving the interbank rate that they swore up and down they were giving for the day's exchange rate. Trouble was you could never check it or call them on it. I guess class action is the only way.

Well, just got out my passport and put in the days in the system.... over 460...

Now.. if I get back all I will be RICH.. RICH I say.... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom