Washington/Oregon member meetup?

So...being its a longish drive for us, I am thinking of doing a little stay down in Astoria. our daughter was there this weekend and stayed at the Cannery and said its amazing, even a rolls Royce chauffer included at night. I was thinking staying at the hotel in Kalama over night, or moving on up toward Astoria on Sat night, then staying Sun and Mon at the Cannery. Or just BTD and stay all three nights at the Cannery. Anyone else considering a short stay down there? Before I book non-refundable, it would be good to know this meeting is still a go!

this is still a go!!
I have a recommendation if you like the sea and marinas, and the sounds of the lanyards in the masts.
We have stayed at the Riverwalk Inn a few times and personally that is all music to my ears.
https://astoriariverwalkinn.com/

EDIT: I looked up the Cannery and it is on the other side of the marina :) It is as they say, all good. Looks like a fine BTD.
I'd say the Riverwalk has a better night view of the bridge and is more intimate with the marina, but that is all the plusses I can see.
No spa, 2 stars, not fancy.

Last edited:
this is still a go!!
I have a recommendation if you like the sea and marinas, and the sounds of the lanyards in the masts.
We have stayed at the Riverwalk Inn a few times and personally that is all music to my ears.
https://astoriariverwalkinn.com/

Great recommendation! thanks, I will book that for Sat night and move over to the Cannery for Sun and Mon at their cheap promo rate.:dance:

UPDATE: The Cannery has a special promo for Sun-Thurs, $299/nt includes their limo service, breakfast, and wine tastings etc, nice rate so I booked those two nights and may stay at McMin on Sat or move over to Astoria at the Riverwalk, which has a better rate for Sat.....

Last edited:
So...being its a longish drive for us, I am thinking of doing a little stay down in Astoria. our daughter was there this weekend and stayed at the Cannery and said its amazing, even a rolls Royce chauffer included at night. I was thinking staying at the hotel in Kalama over night, or moving on up toward Astoria on Sat night, then staying Sun and Mon at the Cannery. Or just BTD and stay all three nights at the Cannery. Anyone else considering a short stay down there? Before I book non-refundable, it would be good to know this meeting is still a go!
Astoria is a super cute town. We stayed at the Cannery Pier Hotel. You can access the riverwalk for a stroll or hop on the trolley for further explorations. The Maritime Museum is fantastic. Astoria Column park provides great views and Oregon's beautiful beaches are a short drive south.

Skyking1 2
Happyras 2
pacergal 2
Toast 2
starry night 2

Copy and add your name if you plan to attend :)

So, as suggested could those attending add/remove their head count to the above list? I PM'd Skyking1 that we should get a list with real names built privately, maybe everyone could PM him with your actual name for the list. Not sure which bar or restaurant we are meeting at in the Mc Ranch, its a big place.

Our reservation is at the Pub. I'll be there with a FIRE sign at the pub waiting area.

Looking forward to meeting in person.
I will bring some name tags so we can identify ourselves, plus I have terrible name-memory when introduced to others, as much as I try all of the tricks!

Hi, just want to confirm I will be there for the meet-up. DH will drive up with me but not attend. He will walk the dog instead

I am so sorry to miss this meeting!
After spending all night in the ER, DH was admitted to the hospital. He will be OK, will probably be there 3-5 days.

Hope you all have a wonderful time, post some pictures, and I hope to see you all next get together!

Uh Oh
We're sending thoughts your way about your husband. No matter the reason, it's never fun to be stuck there.

Good morning! I am looking forward to meeting those of you who can attend, and also to visit another McMenamins location. We have been to the Olympic Club in Centralia and the Elks Temple in Tacoma.
I see there are a whole lot more in Oregon!

Oh, yes, McMenamins have a strong presence in OR., many with some funky rooms to stay in.

DH may be able to come home today:dance:

Hope you all have a wonderful visit, and I will see you next time!

We will be on our way shortly. The McMenamins in Bothell is huge, maybe we can meet up there one day. Its a nice short drive for us up here.:cool:

Oh, yes, McMenamins have a strong presence in OR., many with some funky rooms to stay in.

DH may be able to come home today:dance:

Hope you all have a wonderful visit, and I will see you next time!

Happy dance indeed!!

I ran into some complications this morning and I might be a few minutes late. The table is reserved under my name Kelly table for 20 if you get there before me.

Woohoo! We had a good meet. Thank you all for coming and I hope to see those who could not make it this time.
Starry Night brought us all a hand knitted market bag, thank you so much. I was corrected, my wife does knit those washcloths.
Somehow I forgot to get the group picture but this did happen :) I will take a picture of the market bag for proof.

Thanks to Skyking1

Thank you, Skyking1, for bringing us all together. Hope we get to do it again in varied locations.
I’d love to talk about knitting and quilting with the Mrs. SkyKing.
Nice to meet such nice people.

that would be great. She was very interested and has found a free pattern for a similar knitted bag. you would have to turn on personal messages so I can send you contact info. then you can turn it back off.

OK ok
Knitted market bag
PXL-20230625-025254214.jpg

The sternwheeler came by
PXL-20230624-205045476-1.jpg

Authentic McMenamins steampunk urinal supply piping. It's live!
PXL-20230624-220043896.jpg

A topless mountain on the way home.

PXL-20230624-225044645.jpg

Here is a better image of the knitted market bag. No offense to your representation of its crumbled mass.
Also, I sent a PM for contact info.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 25
Sounds like it was a great gathering.
Hope it becomes an annual one (at least), and more folks join. We will be at the next one!

Thank you, skyking1, for putting it together. I guess you are the elected leader on this now:cool:

No, I must pass the baton to someone else. As was pointed out by aja up there, I had ONE job.
Just the one.
I failed to capture the group picture : facepalm :

Back
Top Bottom