Washington State Medicare Supplement Question (Medigap)

The footer on the PDF I got lead me to a company that's in the business of making the pricing and features accessible. It looks like it's $20/month, or $30 if you want more information on "Rate Adjustment History, Rate Change Data, and Market Analytics".
Forum member Telly recounts his experience using the CSG Actuarial Medigap pricing product in this thread. The price doubled right after he used it.

https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...r-selection-a-medicare-newbys-path-94740.html

Telly posted an update after his first year with Omaha: https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...-provider-selection-for-my-plan-g-100099.html

...it shows you all of the statistics that the sales rep has access to, so you know how to ask about the features you care about.
While the CSG program provides rates for all carriers, agents contract with a Marketing Organization (MO) that provides a portfolio of companies to sell. The agent may not be able/willing to provide statistics on companies they're not contracted with.

Also, rate increase history for Plan G is useless because it was not the most comprehensive plan prior to 2020. Unhealthy people turning 65 who used to choose 'F' (keeping G under the radar) are now choosing G.

You can get a peek into rate changes on this site: https://lp.newhorizonsmktg.com/medicare-supplement-rate-changes

Last edited:
Thanks for linking those threads and price increase web site. Interesting story.

If I was given a few words to share about the supplemental Medicare insurance decision to be the most helpful is "Attained Age pricing will probably bite you."

But, your choices are limited if you exclude policies that use that pricing model.

I don't trust Boomer Benefits. In my experience, they push MoO. They gloss over the different pricing models. They give the wrong impression about AARP/UHC by quoting the price out of that pricing tool, which is significantly higher than the pricing on the AARP/UHC web site. The web site now says a 45% discount with mostly 2% per year guaranteed increases (was 39% and 3%). The guy said the compensation from various insurance companies differ, but they don't tell the reps which companies offer the higher compensation....hmmm, really?

The idea expressed about being in with a whole lot of people, and having some squeeky wheels, ready to pounce on misbehavior has me strongly considering the Community priced (albeit a variant of that pricing model) policy offered by AARP/UHC. I added up the prices to age 99 for that one, and also the Age Issue priced G plan from Transamerica, and it was very similarly priced. The early discount on UHC made that policy less expensive until age 85, then TA took over.

The idea that joining the N group, just to be in with healthier people might be something to consider. I might go that route. The BB rep dismissed this idea out of hand, saying the price drop wasn't sufficient to justify paying extra at time of treatment, but not mentioning the healthier pool and possibility of smaller premium increases. The TA N plan is quite a bit cheaper than their G. Physicians Life offers a High deductible G that converts to a standard G after 3 years. All of this detail has come from my own digging, not a "benefit" of discussions with an insurance agent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom