Wells Fargo HSA Business Sold to Optum Bank

zinger1457

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got a notice from Wells Fargo that they are in the process of selling their HSA business to Optum Bank (a subsidy of UnitedHealth Group). Anyone here use Optum Bank for their HSA? Comments good or bad appreciated. I've been with Wells Fargo HSA for a few years and have been happy with their service, never had any issues.

My megacorp HSA is at Optum. Decent service, although everything is through the web. I suspect that maybe a bunch of banks owns Optum.

Here are the funds available. Mostly high fees, but no fees on the account (for me).

FIRST AMER PRIME OBLIGATION YFAIXX
FIDELITY ADV FREEDOM 2010 TFCFTX
FIDELITY ADV FREEDOM 2020 TFDTFX
FIDELITY ADV FREEDOM 2030 TFTFEX
FIDELITY ADV FREEDOM 2040 TFTFFX
NUVEEN STRAT CONSERV ALLOC IFSFYX
NUVEEN STRAT BALANCED ALLOC IFSKYX
NUVEEN STRAT GROWTH ALLOC IFSGYX
NUVEEN STRAT AGGR GROW ALLOC IFSAYX
NUVEEN EQUITY INDEX IFEIIX
NUVEEN MID CAP INDEX IFIMEX
NUVEEN SMALL CAP INDEX IASETX
NUVEEN DIVIDEND VALUE IFAQIX
NUVEEN MID CAP VALUE IFSEIX
NUVEEN SMALL CAP VALUE IFSCCX
NUVEEN LARGE CAP GROWTH OPP IFIGWX
NUVEEN MID CAP GROWTH OPP IFISGX
NUVEEN SMALL CAP GROWTH OPP IFIMPX
NUVEEN MID CAP GROWTH OPP IFISGX
NUVEEN SMALL CAP GROWTH OPP IFIMPX
NUVEEN PLUS CORE BOND IFFIIX
PIMCO TOTAL RETURN INSTPTTRX
NUVEEN INTERNATIONAL GROWTH INBQIX

Last edited:
My individual Optum HSA has an option to invest with Vanguard Admiral shares.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

My megacorp HSA is at Optum. Decent service, although everything is through the web. I suspect that maybe a bunch of banks owns Optum.

Here are the funds available. Mostly high fees, but no fees on the account (for me).

Thanks! Not sure why but the Optum web site shows a list of investment funds available through their HSA plan that is completely different from your list. They have about a dozen Vanguard funds on their list, some with low fees.

https://www.optumbank.com/individuals-families/how-to-invest-with-hsas/mutual-funds.html

I have an Optum Bank HSA through my employer, and I have been happy with them. The funds I have access to are completely different than Senator's fund choices. My fund choices also include several Vanguard Admiral funds, and I have to pay $3/month to invest in funds, but there are no other fees. So, I pay $36/year, but have access to at least 5 low fee Vanguard funds. It is one of the better HSA accounts I found when doing research.

I've been with Optum since 2010. They have Wellesley admiral and the web site works well with Quicken.

Also, I think the $3/mo fee is for cash balances below $5000. The few times my balance exceeded $5k, I was not charged the fee. I keep around $3000 in cash and sweep the rest in Wellesley, so I pay the monthly fee.

Back
Top Bottom