What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also so sorry to read this, W2R. He sounds like he was an amazing person (and yes, quite handsome) and it must have been such a shock when he had his strokes so long ago. It would have been hard on everyone in many ways for your daughter to have visited him after that, I imagine. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Reactions: W2R
I am so sorry for your loss, W2R. He sounds like he was a wonderful person. Even when you are expecting it, it does not make it easy. Enjoy all of your memories and take care of yourself. Hugs.

I am so sorry for your loss, W2R. He sounds like he was a wonderful person. Even when you are expecting it, it does not make it easy. Enjoy all of your memories and take care of yourself. Hugs.

+1000

Even though you were separated by distance and his disabilities, in your heart he's still the smart and talented young man you grew up with. So glad you have such wonderful memories to cherish. Take care, W2R.

Thank you, everyone, for your condolences. I really appreciate your posts, more than I can express.

And Gumby, you were right... my DD did not mind at all that I told her on Facebook. She is mostly just concerned about how I am taking it, so I reassured her that I will get through this all right. I am experiencing some waves of unexpected grief overwhelming me from time to time, but so far so good. Sleeping is hard but not impossible. I have many wonderful memories of Bob, and as so many have said, nobody can take those away. Also I have photos and have been looking at them a lot.

Now, back on topic, what did I do today? Well now that I mention it.... I got my new recliner today! I have been sitting in it and playing with all the electronic controls. It is better than I remembered from the showroom.

So, I took a nice nap in my recliner, and then got back online. The White Glove Delivery guys provided by Lazy Boy, not only set up the recliner exactly as I wanted them to do it, but also took my old recliner next door to F's house since he wants to repair it and use it for himself. One of the delivery men had spent most of his life repairing recliners up to now, and he gave F some great tips and hints about how to repair it quickly and cheaply.

We put our third (and last, at least for this season) bluebird house up on our property. In the SE US, the guideline is to have your bluebird houses up and ready for occupancy (cleaned out) by Valentines Day, so just under the wire.

We see many Eastern Bluebirds these days on our morning dog walks and I am sure they are already scouting prospective mates as well as cavities for a nest. The Northern Cardinals and Pine Warblers are ahead of the bluebirds - singing loudly most mornings to claim territories. Also the Barred Owls are starting to vocalize a lot in the evening and at night - announcing that "love is in the air". We had our annual snow event last weekend. I am ready for the dreary, rainy days of February to pass.

The sun finally came out in south Texas today but it's still winter (42 F this morning). Costco trip today to pick up a few things and then make an appointment to get the airbag recall done on my recently acquired Mustang convertible.

Oh, DW gave me my Valentines Day gift this morning.:blush: She thought today was "the day". Too much retirement for her, I guess! :D

Gym day, and having finished the income taxes I mailed the envelope with the small check for the feds and the other one that's going to get us an even smaller refund from the state. The federal return I e-filed, but for no particular reason I chose to mail them a check. Turbotax greedily wants $20 to e-file the state return and not being willing to play that stupid game I snail-mailed that return.

Then went to pick up a prescription and stopped in a Home Depot to pick up an order I'd placed online yesterday. Since HD is close to the drugstore I figured I'd just pick it up rather than have them ship it.

I've been a little kabin krazy so after lunch DW and I went up to the continental divide. The drive there gets a little crazy as does the way back. We both received a sufficient dose of adrenaline[emoji2956]. Collectively our ears popped at least 15 times from gaining 4k feet in a short distance. 20200213_133747.jpeg20200213_132431.jpeg

The sun is out for a brief time this morning, so I am enjoying it. According to the tv news weatherperson, we are expecting a "soaker Saturday" tomorrow. DH did a quick lawn mow after the sun dried the grass.
Heading to California for a wedding next month, so made the hotel reservations.

Swam at the neighborhood heated pool in the rain. Usually there is one, maybe 2, other people when I go around 9am. Today every lane was full around me. It was the strangest thing. I walk quite a way to get there and I'm wondering the whole way if I should turn around and walk to LA Fitness's indoor pool instead.

I'm so glad I didn't. It did start raining hard for a few minutes while we were swimming. Then it was really windy. The water was warm and there wasn't any lighting so it wasn't dangerous or that uncomfortable, just an ominous sky.

We all were finished at about the same time. There's something about a shared experience under even slight adversity that makes people more chatty. I think I'm making friends at the pool.

It looks like it will be a sunny day today. This month has been very snowy. Last Sunday my Jeep tried to take out an Aspen tree along the icy road in very slow motion. The tree won. I took it in for an estimate - $5k. I got the insurance claim set up this morning. I'm going to put rock rails/steps along the sides. I don't think there would have been any damage if I had them prior to bouncing off that tree.

Had to cook breakfast in the frying pan this morning, as the microwave died yesterday.

I sent my adult daughter a supercute Valentine image in a text. An hour later I looked more closely at it; it is x-rated. She will never let me live that down!

Gary in an attempt to fatten me up bought me a huge box of chocolates which he will probably eat .

I sent my adult daughter a supercute Valentine image in a text. An hour later I looked more closely at it; it is x-rated. She will never let me live that down!
Could you post it here? :angel:

Drove up to the mountain house alone last night. I had to come for a board of directors meeting this morning, but DH stayed at the other house since he though he would be bored here.

It's been a nice time so far. I spent last evening prepping for the meeting and reading. All morning I was at the meeting, and so far this afternoon I've been sitting in front of the fireplace with my laptop, taking care of tasks for the community. I'm enjoying the quiet, which is something I don't get much of if DH is around since he likes to leave the TV on constantly for background noise.

I'll head back down to the other house tomorrow morning.

Living without a microwave is annoying. I have been doing 2 dishwasher loads a day because am using pans and steamer that have to be washed.

You waiting for the presidents day sales?

Had another serving of my favorite version (Fujiwara Dublin) black garlic ramen and dropped off the wife at Oakland airport to visit daughter.

Won a 150 person euchre tourney last night. After all the media interviews & celebration drinks, slept in late this a.m. Think I'm OK now.

Gym day. Grilled some chicken. Took a nap.

Gotta love this retirement gig!:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom