What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked the dogs, got food for the dogs and treats for the dogs. In the next life I want to be a pampered house puppy.

Yeah, still trying to figure out the phrase "working like a dog".

DH went on a grocery run this morning: milk, bread, wine.
I haven't been anywhere since 19th.
Did 3 mile walk, will put out laundry.

Baked some Cranberry and Walnut scones for breakfast. I am prepared for a seige with my 20# of all purpose flour and 5# of bread flour and have to rely on bread and water.

Cheers!

I swept about 3 inches of new snow off the front deck and the car trailer. No plowing today. The plow truck is at the welder getting the plow mount I bent up up fixed.

Got the car fixed (two hours in a sparsely attended waiting room sipping on hot chocolate and watching an old World Series game - not totally unenjoyable), knocked out the weekly and April finances, walked briskly around the neighborhood for over an hour, did some reading, and then pleased DW immensely by ordering from Outback Steakhouse. Finished the day by snuggling with DW for a movie. Not a bad day if I say so myself. ;)

Finished my digital road trip map. Ordered an ultralight rod and spinning reel and tackle online. Bought a fishing license online. Going to start doing some fishing.

I wish I could do some fishing.

I wish I could do some fishing.

I just got back from fishing. Well, it was fishing in my video game, but it is very realistic and peaceful, and seems a lot like "real" fishing. No fish for dinner, but no mosquito bites either.

Virtual fishing from a virtual boat on a virtual river with a virtual rod and a virtual reel. When you catch the virtual fish does the rod shake and if it's a big one does it make your arm muscles sore from the fight?

Virtual fishing from a virtual boat on a virtual river with a virtual rod and a virtual reel. When you catch the virtual fish does the rod shake and if it's a big one does it make your arm muscles sore from the fight?

Very nearly!! Nintendo has a feature called "rumble" that is used, and you can actually feel the fish bite, and then it, well, shakes and rumbles as you fight the fish. Moreso for big species of fish, than for smaller ones. I caught a sturgeon today and the rumble was amazing as I fought it. But then, if you catch, say, a goldfish, there isn't much rumble.

That said, my arms aren't sore. But it's so much fun! :)

Several months ago I received an invitation from Home Depot to be a "Seeds" member, in which they send you stuff to review, to "seed" the reviews (which are identified as such). The vast majority of it is stuff I can't possibly use, or lack the skill set in the case of some very specialized tools. But several weeks ago one of the items was a hat, and I figured I could review that.

So I took a bunch of photos of the hat, and some of me wearing it, and decided to try my imitation of "Wilson", the guy on the TV show Home Improvement. This is an outtake, since the camera focused on the back of the glider and not the eyes. But it did tie up a couple of hours.

The camera is on a tripod, there are two umbrellas with strobes so the image won't be backlighted, and I used a remote with a 2-second delay to fire the shutter. The delay is so I can get my hand with the remote in it out of the image.

Attachments

• Wilson imitation.jpg
    Wilson imitation.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 58
If you put both hands up gripping the rail, you could have said: Kilroy was here.
838d3ce5.jpg

Since skating rink is closed as is the Y, did my workout including falling techniques, outside this morning on the grassy (finest crab grass this side of the Mississipi) front lawn. Then went for a walk around the neighborhood.

I went to town this morning. This was supposed to be my last venture out until May. I ordered $350 worth of items from the local Kroger store for their pickup lane. They put it and the receipt in the back and off I went to pull cash out of the bank's ATM while armed with disinfectant wipes and neoprene gloves and then back home. When I got home the receipt was $237. I may need to make a run in late April, but I am hoping not.

Last edited:
Costco an hour before closing. Not bad at all. No TP, flour, etc. Bu still a successful trip.

After watching an 2 episodes of Tiger King on netflix I was inspired to make Tiger bread.eZy Watermark_31-03-2020_04-33-28PM.jpg

I bought a Nintendo Switch a year ago or so along with a couple of Super Mario games.

After hearing rave reviews about it, I’m joining the Animal Crossings crowd and hoping it’ll be a much better and more pleasant diversion than anything having to do with the news these days! [emoji3]

[ADDED] This tidbit from Marketplace tipped the scale:

https://www.marketplace.org/2020/03/30/video-games-attract-millions-during-covid19-shelter-in-place/

Oh wow, I hope you love it as much as I do! It's definitely a low stress game. :)

Got up in the middle of the night to have a whiz.

DW says "How do you feel?"

Told her I don't have an ache or a pain anywhere in my body.

"That's wonderful" she says.

"APRIL FOOL!"

Oh wow, I hope you love it as much as I do! It's definitely a low stress game. :)

It IS pretty cool. I can see why/how people can use it for hours on end. However, as a very light Switch user, it’ll take me forever just to learn how to use the controls on the “joy-con”! So I just wander around while enduring the “shelter at home” order... :D

I used to be able to pick up the mechanics of games like Animal Crossing in a much shorter time. But that was when I was like 12 yrs old...

I received a Wahl haircuting kit last night and today was the big day, for DW. She was nervous she would screw my hair up and I laughed said only you will see. She did great.
Pretty easy as it's short all over. I thought do it with a 1.5 guide as it's normally a 1 and this way she could fix any first time screw ups with a second pass. She liked it better at the 1.5 and since she didn't screw it up it's okay by me.

Walked around the neighborhood and chatted, at a distance, with a couple. Going to have afternoon coffee with DW before dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom