What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put up all the outside Christmas decorations today between thunderstorms...:( Hasn't rained in almost two months until yesterday and now today! :facepalm:

Drove down to the R/C club field with three airplanes, two of which had never been flown. Flew all three until I got tired, and returned home with all three airplanes and in the same condition that I brought them. In R/C, that last part is not always a given.

I had some fun with model rockets for a bit of time and I remember trying out a C rocket motor for the first time. That thing went so high, I never saw that rocket again. I could see the puff of smoke for chute deployment, but I couldn’t even see it to try to follow it. Thankfully I didn’t have too much time or money in that rocket.

Anyway, your comment reminded me of that day - thanks!

Woke up, drank coffee, ate...drank coffee, ate...took a nap...woke up, drank coffee, ate.

Switching to wine now...

2 days ago I got a free wood chips only drop BUT it turned out to be mulch and logs. Spent the day spreading it. Down to 1 smaller pile & listing free firewood on NextDoor IMG_1106.jpeg20201127_150521.jpeg

Building shelf kits for the storage shed. Four done, 1 to go.

Great sorrow here today. Last night our 19 year old grandson was found dead by a roommate. We are still trying to make sense of it as he was working and going to school and had everything to live for. To compound the cruelty, today is his mother's birthday, and needless to say she is in a state of shock, as are we.

Last edited:
Great sorry here today. Last night our 19 year old grandson was found dead by a roommate. We are still trying to make sense of it as he was working and going to school and had everything to live for. To compound the cruelty, today is his mother's birthday, and needless to say she is in a state of shock, as are we.

Deepest condolences, Travelover. A very sad and distressing situation.

Great sorrow here today. Last night our 19 year old grandson was found dead by a roommate. We are still trying to make sense of it as he was working and going to school and had everything to live for. To compound the cruelty, today is his mother's birthday, and needless to say she is in a state of shock, as are we.

So sorry to hear that. No parent or grant parent should have to live through something like that.

Horrible, horrible news - so sad.

That is the most gut-wrenching post I've ever read on this forum. So terribly sorry for you and your family.

Travelover I'm so sorry about your loss. Who can ever make sense of such a tragedy.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to you and your family.

So sorry to hear about your grandson. Prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom