What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife will not eat the young, but she was out of town - :)

We went downtown today to go to the Phoenix Art Museum. I realized it was ridiculous that we spent time and money to visit museums out of town or in foreign countries, but have not been to the local ones in almost 50 years being here. Then, we had a late lunch in downtown afterwards.

It was a good outing, and we agreed that we should do this more. Why did I never think of using TripAdvisor or other travel Web sites for our own town? Duh!

Last edited:
Made roast rack of lamb;

49559266942_c70cf67518_o.jpg

You know how to cook meat.

Had a visit with my first cousin and his wife, whom I had not seen in 50! years. They live in Arizona but were in Orlando to embark on a cruise. How is it possible to pick up where you left off? They were teenagers and I was in grade school the last time we met. Our parents, now all dead, took us to Disneyland and we had a blast.

They got married well after that and had a family. We are now all retired. I am amazed that we can still connect so well. Feeling very blessed. Took Uber for the first time, to and from their hotel. Even THAT worked out fine.

Sometimes you have a day that is pure joy ...

Went off island this morning at dawn to different doctor to get prescriptions renewed.
The whole medical system is a mess.
Am looking into changing doctor/service.

Pill A will mess with pill B and who knows what pill C will do.

Growing old sucks moose balls.

And here's a sunset.20200215_180647.jpeg

Went to funeral for a young 71 year old. He had cancer and fought it for 5 months. It was a large funeral around 500 people.

Went off island this morning at dawn to different doctor to get prescriptions renewed.
The whole medical system is a mess.
Am looking into changing doctor/service.

Pill A will mess with pill B and who knows what pill C will do.

Growing old sucks moose balls.

And here's a sunset.View attachment 33929
I don't think there are any moose on Pine Island. Other than that, I agree.

Went with another couple to the New Britain Museum of American Art and then out to lunch. It was a fun day.

Took a boat out early Friday morning and tooled around the Marina and Palm Islands for a few hours. Then went to brunch at Trader Vics where we drank way too many Mai-Tais and stuffed our faces with boatloads of fresh sashimi and sushi rolls. Life could be worse! :D Have a good weekend everyone.

Took a boat out early Friday morning and tooled around the Marina and Palm Islands for a few hours. Then went to brunch at Trader Vics where we drank way too many Mai-Tais and stuffed our faces with boatloads of fresh sashimi and sushi rolls. Life could be worse! :D Have a good weekend everyone.

While retiring to Florida has never held any interest for me, you make it sound awesome! Enjoy!:greetings10:

While retiring to Florida has never held any interest for me, you make it sound awesome! Enjoy!:greetings10:

:LOL: We are about 8k miles away from Florida...It's way more expensive here, but just as humid with less bugs and a lot more sand! However the fishing sucks, so Florida for the win on fishing! :D

Ah then Palm Island Dubai? Not an obvious first guess. In that case I probably would choose Florida! :biggrin: Although I would love to go visit...

Ah then Palm Island Dubai? Not an obvious first guess. In that case I probably would choose Florida! :biggrin: Although I would love to go visit...

It's really not as scary or as strict as everyone thinks (hence our too many brunch Mai Tais! :dance:)

To be honest, I feel way safer here than in many part of the US - sad but true. They just have pretty big egos that match their really big buildings...But not everyone here is as well-off as they pretend to be either. Lots of smoke and mirrors here.....I tell our friends it just another place to visit and check off your list. ;) But for us its been a very good decision, albeit with many sacrifices!

Today I helped DD paint her master bathroom. I taught her the time-saving skill of cutting in without taping. Then she worked along the baseboard while I climbed the stool to work along the ceiling. My stated reason for choosing to work along the ceiling was that since I am a few inches taller it would be easier for me to reach the 9’ ceiling joint from the stool we had. DD soon figured out that crawling around on the tile floor isn’t very comfortable, and realized my true motive for choosing the ceiling. [emoji56]

We got all the painting finished and it looks much better. DD and the SIL could afford to pay someone to paint, but DIY skills can really help with LBYM so I was happy to provide the tutorial. Plus, DD and I had a nice long conversation while we were working.

Setup a camera in hopes to get some moose on camera at the ranch. I seen tracks down in the willows so setup on the tracks along the trail.

Finished installing & grouting a subway tile backsplash and wall behind the range. Now we have to seal the grout and apply silicone caulking around the edges. If we billed by the hour this would be a $10k job!

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_140951362.jpg
    IMG_20200222_140951362.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20200222_140959099.jpg
    IMG_20200222_140959099.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 45
We got my good friend of over 50 years moved into an alzheimer's unit last Thursday. He has gone from a friend who you could talk with about times long ago the end of last year to someone that now makes very little sense at all. He was diagnosed over 10 years ago. Sadly, they had not planned for this day. His wife is really struggling with placing him in the nursing home and with the finances. I think it will all work out, but it will be a struggle getting there. A lot of 4 hr round trips for me as we go through the Medicade application process over the next week or so.

I feel your pain. I curse the guy who thought piping running water inside a house (under pressure!) was a good idea...
Yeah, it was so much better with the pitcher pump in the sink. :D

Actually yesterday afternoon. Went to an afternoon Milonga in Pittsburgh (a place for social Tango dance). Danced with 9 different ladies, age range from low 20 to 70+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom