What Did You Eat Today?

For breakfast: homemade cereal mix (rolled oats, raisins and sunflower seeds) with some milk and a glass of apple juice.

For lunch: sandwich with home-roasted chicken, baby spinach, brie and red current jelly.

Dinner: I am thinking pork tenderloin braised in tomato sauce (white wine, tomato paste, mushrooms, pearl onions, and green olives) served over some steamed potatoes. Homemade bread and some baby spinach on the side.

sardines with LA hotsauce and crackers for lunch... love 'em.

So far today...

Cheerios, banana, blueberries, "whole" milk for breakfast; chef salad with blue cheese dressing for lunch; orange and some macadamia nuts for snack; probably hotdogs and corn chips for dinner.

Oh, and a shiteload of coffee, with heavy cream!

coffee (2 large cups), chesse and crackers, grapes, Diet Pepsi (one can), grapefruit, salami and cheese sandwich, orange, greek yogurt, cup of fruit, and pickles. I still need to look at dinner, but hoping to talk DW into going out. Seems kind of healthy.

So far, a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch I'm planning to have a baked chicken breast and a salad. Don't know yet about dinner.

Ok, so my lunch plans changed... My one & only co-worker has been out for the entire month of February following back surgery. He's medically retired from the Army, after having a hole blown in his back by an IED in Iraq. Purple Heart & all, a real wounded warrior. Anyhow, today's his first day back at work, and since I've been doing all his work plus mine for the past month, he insisted on buying my lunch. So...I had babyback ribs, beans, potato salad & bread. Guess I'll start the diet tomorrow...:whistle:

So far today...

Breakfast: Two cups coffee instead of one, with fresh creamer. I may never sleep again. :eek:

Lunch: Half of a grilled chicken sandwich made with fresh French bread and Creole tomatos, and half of a small order of fries, after an hour working out at the gym

Dinner: Haven't decided yet, but it will be light.

If I don't lose another pound pretty soon I'll be disappointed. :(

Last edited:
Ms G. and I had phony ham(it's a veggie thing) with phony cheese(soy), muffaletta sauce(olive salad), on organic, seeds and nuts whole wheat bread.

Washed it down with an organic lemonade sippy cup, and finished with an organic Gala apple.

In my favorite location, the parking lot in our truck at the Wal-Mart in Douglas AZ.

Hey, how do you think I was able to retire at age 54:LOL:

The veggie friendly Indian restaurant is closed on Mondays, and the Chinese buffet is just that. A Chinese buffet.

Got to thank you Al. DS/DDL and the grandkid were coming over for dinner so I decided to give your recipe a try. I make Coq au Vin occasionally but always with red wine. The mixture of Reisling, leeks, dill and bacon were a hit. And I used a big package of boneless, skinless thighs so I have plenty for a the recommended pasta leftover dish later in the week.

Pass on my thanks to Lena.

Instead of Grouper I made Chicken Marsala for dinner with green beans and brown rice . I got the recipe from a friend that went to the culinary institute . Simple but great .

Summer has arrived at our house! This must be the day because DW surprised me tonight with grilled chicken salad. It was great! Time to change our menus for the next eight months. She was telling me that the local veggie stand doesn't have any tomatoes from here in Florida. They told her that all the tomatoe plants died because of the cold and everything is coming from Mexico. All around our area the fields are being planted with tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, etc. Strawberries are in abundance. Have to wait a little longer for locally grown veggies.

Vacation...eating out daily. I can't run enough miles to keep the weight in check let alone on the decline. Yesterday was Bucca di Beppo, lasagna for dinner, banana and pineapple for breakfast.

This morning was a Mickey D McGriddle. Tonight it's going to be Haleiwa Joe's. Meeting DD's future in-laws there for the first time. They sound like great people, but I'm nervous...

R

2 cinnamon bagels w/cream cheese and coffee for breakfast, homemade egg salad w/homemade mayo for lunch. Panda Express 2 orders orange chicken and noodles and soda for snack (DW's fault), leftover homemade pot roast and kool aid for dinner.

Breakfast: Leftover sausage apple puff pancake
Lunch: Soup, corn, yogurt, apple
Dinner: A few grilled pork chops and some rice (first time grilling since November)

Homemade fajitas with low carb tortillas

So far, coffee, bacon and eggs and one section of grapefruit and 30 gm Emmentaler cheese.

Ha

Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with Splenda & 2% milk

Lunch: 1 oven-roasted chicken breast (skinless) seasoned w/Tony Chacheres,
cooked frozen green beans, 1 sliced Roma tomato, water

Dinner: undecided at this point

So far nothing...:blink:...I've been too busy.

Tonight is half price cheeseburgers at Sonic...
smiley-eatdrink011.gif
...gonna get some onion rings too! :D

Breakfast, coffee
Lunch, Miso salad and a avocado roll
Dinner, threw chicken breast with garlic mushroom soup in the Crockpot this morning, guess when I get home tonight I'll figure out what to do with it!

Dinner, threw chicken breast with garlic mushroom soup in the Crockpot this morning, guess when I get home tonight I'll figure out what to do with it!
Perhaps add some lemon juice to cut the floury-salty taste of the soup and for interest, add to taste: black pepper, cayenne, paprika.

Made cheese today (one of my hobbies is making raw milk cheese in the Trappist style), so I was nibbling on curds for half the afternoon.

Breakfast, coffee
Lunch, Miso salad and a avocado roll

This is really good served over brown rice.

Made cheese today (one of my hobbies is making raw milk cheese in the Trappist style), so I was nibbling on curds for half the afternoon.
Wow! How difficult is this? Does it take much gear?

Ha

Back
Top Bottom