What Did You Eat Today?

All I have had yet today is a cup of coffee with sugar free creamer. I have only been up for about 45 minutes. Retiree hours.

Big Mac Jr. after yoga. We haven't had fast food for a long time, so it tasted good.

What's a Big Mac Jr? I haven't seen those before. Maybe we don't have them north of the border. I googled it and don't think we do but I don't get in much anymore. For many, many years I have been taking the middle bread out of my Big Mac so I guess I have been eating a double Big Mac Jr all these years. And just once I would like to get hamburger paddies similar to the one's they show in the ads when I go to McDonald's.

What's a Big Mac Jr? I haven't seen those before. Maybe we don't have them north of the border. I googled it and don't think we do but I don't get in much anymore. For many, many years I have been taking the middle bread out of my Big Mac so I guess I have been eating a double Big Mac Jr all these years. And just once I would like to get hamburger paddies similar to the one's they show in the ads when I go to McDonald's.

I found this. Doesn't seem to talk about rollout plans.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...-it-may-be-good-for-a-quick-snack-on-the-go-3

Sounds really good, Robbie.
Eh, are you trying to say that I imitated Robbie and got into home cooking? I have been posting about home-cooked meals long before Robbie got here. ;)

There was a poster before me who was really into home cooking and did fancier things, but he has been absent for a while. Old-timers know who I am talking about. His little kid must be 7 or 8 by now.

...cooked them sous vide at 145 degrees...

I have not tried chicken sous vide, nor cooked it at that low a temperature although it should be safe. A Web site says that "chicken held at 148°F for three minutes will kill 99.999999% of salmonella". And with sous vide, the chicken is held at that temperature for a lot longer than 3 minutes. I should try to do this some time soon.

Last edited:
Speaking of McDonald's, we do not eat fast food when at home, but I still recall the burgers we had in Brussels quite a few years ago. After a couple of weeks of wonderful European food, suddenly a homely and lowly burger tasted darn good.

Speaking of McDonald's, we do not eat fast food when at home, but I still recall the burgers we had in Brussels quite a few years ago. After a couple of weeks of wonderful European food, suddenly a homely and lowly burger tasted darn good.

+1
I have had the same experience.

+2

The best Big Mac I can ever remember having was in Kiev!! Closest I have ever gotten to those paddies in the ad! And Ray Kroc's wonderful, clean washrooms! What's not to love!

Last edited:
I never heard of chicken sous vide until now. I need to look up how to make them. I just roast my chicken with salt and pepper with rosemary or thyme. Simple and delicious.
But we are having tri-tip today. Probably slide them and serve in a sandwich. I slow cook most of my tough meat. Plus I will have food when I come back from my badminton class.

Last edited:
Salad for breakfast, lunch was frozen strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries in a bowl nuked for three minutes, stir and set aside for another few minutes. Add a generous helping of whipped cream, as in it isn't enough if I can still see any berries.

Dinner is TBD.

Oatmeal and banana for breakfast; turkey burger with all the trimmings and big salad for dinner. Hot chocolate is my usual after dinner treat. Still working the plan at Weight Watchers, now pretty much a habit. The hot chocolate gives me the illusion of real chocolate and satisfies the need for sweet. Not the best thing for me but necessary.

Love the McDonalds across Europe, not for their food but for their bathrooms.

Last edited:
7:00 am - coffee at Burger King until 9:00 am (ROMEO meeting)

10:00 am - took DW to Denney's for late breakfast prior to her getting a blood test.

Dinner is undetermined at the time but will be simple.

Lunch was miso soup, salad, and assorted nigiri sushi.

Supper is going to be tempura frog legs and asparagus.

Springtime is asparagus season here in CA, abundant, inexpensive and peak of flavor and tenderness!

Our old neighbors are in the area and stopped by.

We treated at a local brewery. I loved my green chille burger with chille beer. Everyone else had the Salmon fish and chips(I know it sounds wrong but it is so good).

Dinner? I can't think of eating.

Eh, are you trying to say that I imitated Robbie and got into home cooking? I have been posting about home-cooked meals long before Robbie got here. ;)

There was a poster before me who was really into home cooking and did fancier things, but he has been absent for a while. Old-timers know who I am talking about. His little kid must be 7 or 8 by now.

\\
Probably more like nine or ten .I miss him a lot and often wonder what happened to some of the old timers .

I didn't know they were not rolled out everywhere. I live in Iowa it and it looks like you can get your Big Mac in three sizes now. The Jr. size is smaller and does not have the middle bun. 480 calories. That said, no more fast food for us for awhile!

Went to a fund raiser today and ate samples of the following:
Crab cakes, jambalaya, corn crab bisque, fried catfish, cornbread dressing, bread pudding, fudge,sausage, gumbo, 4 more crab bisques, shrimp fettuccine, pizza, fried chicken, cakes, chili, chocolate and white chocolate covered strawberries, and more I couldn't eat.
Had over 20 restaurants participating to support the local Church food bank.

Ah, gumbo. Gumbo on my mind...

Gonna do the run to Lockeford and get me some fresh (made in house) andouille.

You can do chicken gumbo, you can do seafood gumbo. But it just ain't real gumbo w/o the andouille. And the Okra. Gotta have that too - :)

Breakfast:
Maple tea
Irish soda bread with home made salmon spread
Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries

Lunch (at the golf club):
Mulligan's burger (excellent)
Water

Dinner:
TBD, but thinking about quinoa with kale, chickpeas and whatever herbs and spices I feel like adding.....

Lunch - leftover BBQ pulled pork with veggies and mac and cheese

Dinner - Baked Ziti with meatballs

Planning, shopping for and preparing meals consumes way more time than I expected. Fortunately, time is one thing I've got a lot of.

DH smoking some bacon, will have either bacon and eggs or BLT today

Long grain & wild rice for breakfast, lunch was lima beans & corn, right now I'm munching peanut m&m's, but only the blue ones. For whatever reason DW insists that the blue ones don't taste as good as the others and separates them out. I can't tell any difference, so more for me.

Protein smoothie for breakfast
Raw veggies and dip for lunch
Teriyaki chicken stir fry for dinner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom