What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A variety of hand sanding tools in various shapes and sizes for oddball shapes, for use in refurbishing a small table. Yeah, I could use my fingers or fashion something from dowel rods and the like, but this was easier and I'm getting lazy in my dotage. The two sets were a total of $15 or so. BTD!

The last thing left at my door was a bottle of L-Citrulline supplements. Don't know if I should count that. They were ordered on a subscription basis long ago. They send me one bottle every 2 months. Last before that was an 8" HD Fire tablet I bought for a Christmas gift. $50 off on Prime Day. A deal I couldn't refuse!

A pair of single button small "keychain" garage door openers for $20. For our new garage. The opener had only 1 remote and was the clip to your sunshade type. Another one like it from Lowes was $37. Smaller is better this time. New garage is awesome. :D

A very basic Urevo walking pad for $219.
Wasted a bunch of time researching ellipticals and treadmills across the price spectrum.
Finally decided this one was cheap but seemingly good enough for old people like me rehabbing a new hip going into winter. Maximum 4 mph!

Thinking about this for later. Just crossed my radar screen. A whole shrink wrapped pallet of tools or electronics that were returned for cheap. Looks like free shipping too. :LOL:

https://www.liquidation-amazon.com/

At first blush, this looks exciting, and even plausible. But the more I looked at the page, the more I saw red flags. Pages scrolled awkwardly. An especially important red flag was the bad English.

"More Link" (no "s")

"We are Freeshipping on all orders." (What does that mean?)

"support@petsloversunite.com" (Uh, that's a different domain. Your other scam page?)

" Hope your kind understanding." (Classic non-American English)

Finally, a quick search finds a lot of warnings:
https://malwaretips.com/blogs/liquidation-amazon-shop/
https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/liquidation-amazon-com-review/
Etc.

Last edited:
DVD envelopes to reduce space requirements for my DVD collection - ditching the DVD boxes.

who cares? Really??

Obviously not you. If you think for a moment and see how long this thread is though, you'll realize that quite a few members enjoy sharing some of their recent (and perhaps more notable) Amazon purchases. It's one of the more popular threads here. Feel free to not participate in it. We won't mind.

I don't see the point in posting a comment like, "Who cares?" in a thread that doesn't interest you. We all have things that interest us and things that don't.

Last edited:
Electric Edger - dirt cheap too

61DbzbC7VmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

who cares? Really??

Obviously not you. If you think for a moment and see how long this thread is though, you'll realize that quite a few members enjoy sharing some of their recent (and perhaps more notable) Amazon purchases.

I don't see the point in posting a comment like, "Who cares?" in a thread that doesn't interest you. We all have things that interest us and things that don't.

I often wonder the same as albireo13. What's the point?

Now, I can understand if there was something unique about the purchase, a special deal, or anything that might be of interest to others. Most of the time, people don't even post a link to the item, so we don't even know what they bought.

But a random shopping list? OK, I give - Who cares?

I guess my point is, this thread does interest me when it's something unique, special, something that maybe not everyone knows about (but please include a link!). But just a shopping list of everyday items? Why post? It just waters down any value for those of us looking for something special. I don't get it.

-ERD50

DVD envelopes to reduce space requirements for my DVD collection - ditching the DVD boxes.

Well, apparently 4350+ people are interested in the thread.

I'm with Calico on this one!

I've been a bit surprised at the longevity and enthusiasm for this thread. It's not for everyone, but it's apparently for many of us. But if anyone else is uninterested, by all means, opt out of the thread (you can do that, you know. Simply "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email notification when there is an update.) And if the format isn't to your liking, make a suggestion like ERD50 and we'll comply or more likely, we won't:cool:. If I hear about the latest "widget" here, 3 clicks and Amazon displays multiple sources for it (usually:blush:.)

Well, with all that said, I posted my DVD envelopes purchase because it was a big deal to ME. These puppies have been very hard to find here of late. On our mainland trip, I bought more used DVDs and ran out of the envelopes there as well. I found an office supply store that was discontinuing them and bought the last that they had - on clearance! But it STILL was not enough!

I used to be able to stop into CVS and buy a single box of 100 for maybe $8. I got used to doing that any time I liked. But now NO local store seems to have them. I finally tried Amazon, and thankfully, they carry them. Space, here in the Islands is at a premium. So I can store roughly 10 DVDs (or CD's) in the space of one DVD box (CDs, the ratio is more like 4 CD to the equivalent 1 CD box.)

Since I'm in the process of organizing my collection, having them all in one storage format is important. Using the envelopes helps a lot.

Returning you now...

I bought a new 8" shower head and an extension tube. Also a couple of keys for a legal filing cabinet my wife wheeled home that a neighbor threw away. She spotted it on her morning run. It had the keys in the lock, then when she went back to get it, someone had taken the keys. I ordered the key according to the number, but they didn't work, when I got them, The seller ask for a picture to check the cut, I sent it and I'm still waiting for a response.
I recently bought some coin holders and one of the microscopes with a digital display to look over a coin collection that I have dragged around since the initial collecting 50 years ago. I plan to liquidate the collection, although I don't know if it will be easy.
It's been kinda fun to look at the coins, some Indian head pennies, a few 20s, and more 30s, 40s and 50s pennies. According to "The Official Red Book" most of the pennies are worth a dime, if you can find a buyer. I have yet to get to the silver, it is automatically worth 16X face value on melt value alone. I have found one mis-struck penny that I have been told is worth $15. 30lbs of coins, I weighed it! A lot to go thru.

I visited our local Numismatic Club, note, don't call it a coin club :blush:. I went for help in what I was doing, as far as grading, and getting value. Meets once a month. I'll be back!

Mod Hat On -

Be courteous folks. This is a thread where anyone can play. If you want more information about a product, or a link, you can ask for it. No member can be expected to cater to the tastes of all other members, and it is easy enough to bypass those posts of no interest to you. If you don't like the thread, or the poster, the ignore button is your friend.

Mod Hat Off -

I bought my 2024 planner book. I can’t find one like it in a store anywhere near me so I get it from Amazon. Yes, I confess to actually having a planning/to-do list that is written on paper.

For some reason flipping open the pages ( iican see a whole week at one time) helps my brain see patterns and organize things. It’s also a strong reminder every time I walk by my work-area that something needs to be done. I have never found an electronic planner I like as well as flipping open the book. Sometime I take notes in the book. Other times I doodle in it. Whatever works at the moment.

I bought my 2024 planner book. I can’t find one like it in a store anywhere near me so I get it from Amazon. Yes, I confess to actually having a planning/to-do list that is written on paper.

For some reason flipping open the pages ( iican see a whole week at one time) helps my brain see patterns and organize things. It’s also a strong reminder every time I walk by my work-area that something needs to be done. I have never found an electronic planner I like as well as flipping open the book. Sometime I take notes in the book. Other times I doodle in it. Whatever works at the moment.

You're not alone. I do the same thing!

I recently came across the pocket calendar I used in college, filled with notes about the first and last days of each quarter, registration days, exams, project and paper due dates, meetings with classmates, and other reminders. Took me right back to those youthful days.

At one time we had a small business, my wife had a daily planner where she kept track of the daily business sales and everything else that was happening in our life. We took someone to court over a sold house payment issue and I thought sure our sex life was going to be on display in the court! :LOL:

P.S. her records from previous years were invaluable in planning our daily inventory as we sold a fresh product, holidays could be 4 or 5 times our normal daily sales, she was very good at planning for those. Also if there was some event in town, she would know if it would may reduce sales or sometimes increase sales.

Finally got tired of wasting half of the toothpaste. The tin/aluminum tubes of the past allowed one to roll up the tube as it emptied. The new plastic tubes don;t roll up, so you have to re-squeeze the entire tube all the time until you just give up and toss it with half the contents still in place.... these little gizmos work fine - penny saved... :LOL:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFQXRCZV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Finally got tired of wasting half of the toothpaste. The tin/aluminum tubes of the past allowed one to roll up the tube as it emptied. The new plastic tubes don;t roll up, so you have to re-squeeze the entire tube all the time until you just give up and toss it with half the contents still in place.... these little gizmos work fine - penny saved... :LOL:

Interesting!
I went looking, I see a few comments that the keys can break, but they also come in three packs, so it is a guesstimate on whether to pay twice as much for the stainless steel version or half as much for 3 and see how long they last. :)

I, too, enjoy reading what folks have purchased. I have bought a few items that people have posted on.

I was able to get mine about a month ago. Amazon sent me a reminder:LOL:

clever, never thought about this. May have to get some.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom