What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Lawn sprinkler controller. I need to set a delay between zones to allow the well to catch up and this function died on the old one. Otherwise it worked fine. I wonder why that happens? :confused:

KEEN Men's Targhee II Hiking Shoes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LHCV4EQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

81ohIJDrBjL._UX500_.jpg

Reactions: W2R
Aja8888, those shoes look terrific and look like they will last a long time, too.

After resisting the temptation all this time, I finally gave up and decided to join the Instant Pot stepford hordes. I ordered a small 3 qt one this morning. Got to use that extra money from SS for something, right? Anyway I should have ordered one when they were on sale, but didn't :banghead: so it was $59.92 . I didn't get the one that makes yogurt because I doubt I would ever actually DO that. Here's the one I ordered:

People here know that I don't have the slightest desire to cook anything elaborate or time consuming any more. However I found a video with an Instant Pot recipe for pressure cooking a frozen steak really fast, which is right up my alley. :D

Viper Pilot book about F16 weasels. BIL just got back from a 100day tour...thankfully mostly all safe n sound. Figured it would be a good gift and perhaps he could learn a trick or two. He's so close to full bird.

Ordered a Fuel Door Release kit from amazon/Dorman. The fuel door release beside the seat on my DD car has not worked for a while. After a little time spent on Youtube and $25 and the fuel door is as good as new.

Now I won’t have to fill up her car for her by releasing the fuel door via the trunk[emoji23]

Three books of collections of short science fiction stories and a thermometer for the el cheapo grill that I bought a couple of days ago. Drill a hole in the lid, tighten a nut to hold it in, and done.

Two games. Scrabble and Sequence. DW wants to beat...play me. I never win.

Was all set to order some sprinkler parts from Amazon, but got curious and did an internet search and found the parts significantly cheaper elsewhere, even after shipping. I need to do that more often.

A bunch of hand tools. A plier set, a screwdriver set, and a few folding utility knives. I'm going to get rid of all my mismatched, bent, blunt, and generally effed up tools and start with good quality matched stuff. We've got a ton of Amazon points and I thought I would use them to upgrade. I've got a few major storage projects to do in the next month or so, and I'm going in style.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HWFWJE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771QVPX5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This looks like a nifty little gizmo for those who (like me) seem to be getting older and driftier as the years pass by. It turns off the power at a socket after 30 minutes, so if you leave a small appliance plugged in by accident it is less likely to burn the house down. 15 amps, 125 V.

I would never totally depend on something like this, and would still use a timer and unplug, but hey, belt-and-suspenders.... :D And besides, it's cheap!

I love my Kasa TP-Link switch...which I did get at Amazon! You have to use your phone to control it, and it does require a little setup, but it can do exactly what the 30-minute switch does with a couple of taps (see screenshot), and it also replaces those old dial timers, plus you can set it to turn on and off randomly a few times (so it looks like someone is home) between, say, 6pm and 10pm.

prYxA8w.jpg

Circuit breakers. I'm replacing my old Federal Pacific service panel with a Siemens model. Washington State has adopted the latest National Electric Code which means I have to buy hundreds of dollars of arc fault circuit breakers to bring it up to the new code. I'm also installing a generator interlock which will allow me to plug in my generator and power any circuit in the house. My neighbor is a retired electrician and he is hand holding with me to make sure it passes inspection the first time.

I ordered new wine glasses on Amazon and when they arrived I did not like them so I went to return them and they refunded me but told me to keep them so what to do with these wine glasses .

I ordered new wine glasses on Amazon and when they arrived I did not like them so I went to return them and they refunded me but told me to keep them so what to do with these wine glasses .

Know anyone with a birthday or wedding coming up? If not, freecycle.

A new flexible 50 amp power cord for the camper. The heavy duty (and heavy!) cord that came with the RV has a plastic casing that gets very stiff in cold weather, making it difficult to coil for storage. On our trip to Colorado last fall I pulled a muscle in my shoulder wrestling with the dang thing. No more!

Last edited:
In the interests of "Blow that Dough", I ordered a $2.99 stick-on digital car clock. It had TERRIBLE reviews but for $2.99, might as well try it. It's coming from China and will take 3 weeks to get here. :rolleyes:

I'm probably going to stick it on the tile wall in my bathroom.

I ordered this on 7/26, and it is still not here. It was shipped via Malaysia Post on 7/27, with no tracking information beyond that although it is supposed to arrive sometime between August 16th and September 7th. If I want to inquire I have to contact the seller half a world away.

Remind me never to order from them again! I should have paid more to get something shipped within the US. Oh well.

Two yellow toner cartridges for the printer. DW prints a chart about every day that has a lot of yellow bands in it, so the printer uses more yellow than any other color.

Back
Top Bottom