What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Bought two of these credit-card sized SDDs. So cheap, it's ridiculous. 240GB for a little more than $40 each.

Looked around the Web at a couple of electronics/PC distributors from whom I bought in the past, plus the local Fry's Electronics, but Amazon beats them all. Darn, and I have never bought Amazon stock. :facepalm:

Now, I need to look for brackets to mount these laptop SDDs inside a tower case. Oh they are so light and small, maybe I just duct-tape them somewhere inside the case.

71JLh%2Bnx3bL._SL1500_.jpg

Paid $45 for above 240GB SSD. I am not a Prime member, so have to wait more than 1 week to get it with free shipping.

Just received it today. Out of curiosity, look up the current price. It's $39. Darn!

I think semiconductor companies, particularly memory chip makers, are killing each other selling their products cheap. I need to get out of my stocks in this sector. It does not look good.

You know, I’ve been following this link for just about all of the 2400-odd replies. But lately I’m finding it a little superfluous. Not that I’ve lost my somewhat bizarre interest in what my fellow humans are buying. But more because I buy so much of my stuff on Amazon (and Costco to a lesser extent), that it seems pointless to keep listing things. And such a wide spectrum of stuff from food, to bike parts, clothing. Even gun ammunition! Its a wonder Sears is spiralling to its ultimate demise.

A pair of cute booties that sadly will have to go back. too small for my dogs

A replacement gauge for my propane tank on my BBQ. The old one was getting flaky.and not indicating properly

You know, I’ve been following this link for just about all of the 2400-odd replies. But lately I’m finding it a little superfluous. Not that I’ve lost my somewhat bizarre interest in what my fellow humans are buying. But more because I buy so much of my stuff on Amazon (and Costco to a lesser extent), that it seems pointless to keep listing things. And such a wide spectrum of stuff from food, to bike parts, clothing. Even gun ammunition! Its a wonder Sears is spiralling to its ultimate demise.

It’s just fun all the wildly different things people order. I hadn’t checked this thread for a while, and rarely post, but no one has to read it.

OO flour. Our local place no longer carries it. They've also dropped Mccann's Irish oatmeal. I'll be ordering a case soon.

Oh, yeah, we (ok, I) ordered a few things since the last time I posted. Most recently, a boot scraper for those days when our kid has been mucking out a stall, and a boot tray....not for said boots, but for the idiot cat who keeps pushing around and splashing in his water bowl.

A replacement gauge for my propane tank on my BBQ. The old one was getting flaky.and not indicating properly
The gauges that just screw on only measure vapor pressure, so they are no useful. Costco, for example, sells tanks with a real float gauge inside.

What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

After dropping my Prime membership 2-3 months ago......nothing. Main benefit is I don't buy or am I tempted to buy stuff I really don't need.

You mean I can’t buy one at Amazon:confused:
I mean there are two kinds of gauges. One measures vapor pressure, which is pretty constant until the last bit of propane is gone (as long as the temperature is constant). The second kind has an actual float to measure the liquid level. If you pour a cup of hot water down the side, you can see the liquid line on the side of the tank.

This tank has a liquid level gauge. This gauge just measures pressure.

So, yea, you can buy one at Amazon, but it is $20 more. ;)

A rifle scope for my .22 auto. It has BDC (bullet drop compensator). Between AM and PM deer hunts, I like to add some crock pot candidates (rabbits, squirrels) to my shopping list. :D

The old scope got permanently transferred to the pellet rifle earlier this year. Our issues with squirrels in the garden is a thing of the past. :dance:

A new driveway alarm.

We live in a rural area and have a 300' driveway that isn't visible from the house because of trees and window placement. It's always nice to know you have visitors [-]so you can hide[/-] before they ring the doorbell and an alarm comes in handy.

This is the fourth or fifth one I've tried over the years. None have worked all that well or lasted for more than two or three years. The last one worked reasonably well for a couple of years until recent heavy rains did it in. The new one is a "new and improved" model so it should work perfectly and last forever. :LOL:

This is the fourth or fifth one I've tried over the years. None have worked all that well or lasted for more than two or three years.

At our last house we had a driveway that long and I went through four of those driveway alarms in 12 years. Capacitive, photoelectric, ultrasonic, you name it, they're great when they work but I can only wish you better luck than I had.

A new driveway alarm.

We live in a rural area and have a 300' driveway that isn't visible from the house because of trees and window placement. It's always nice to know you have visitors [-]so you can hide[/-] before they ring the doorbell and an alarm comes in handy.

This is the fourth or fifth one I've tried over the years. None have worked all that well or lasted for more than two or three years. The last one worked reasonably well for a couple of years until recent heavy rains did it in. The new one is a "new and improved" model so it should work perfectly and last forever. :LOL:

Son of a gun. We just moved into a similar property and was telling DW we should get one of these.

Happen to have a link ?

A toilet part that will allow me to reinstall our half bath toilet with more distance between the toilet and back wall since I put In wainscoting. They sent me the wrong part. I sent it back asking that they send me the correct part. Instead, they credited my credit card. And at less $ than my purchase. Asshats.

Blow That Dough!!! :ROFLMAO: My projected spending for 2018 is about $10K less than what I normally spend. So, among other things, I've been browsing Amazon....

Today I ordered a new alarm clock, because my old one is on its last legs. It keeps unpredictably losing the time and blinking at me instead of showing the time.

Unfortunately my old one (a Sony "dream machine") is no longer made and what few are left cost more than they are worth. It had a CD player in it, and would play any CD you might wish, instead of a loud, blaring alarm. Just perfect for a retiree who is a very light sleeper. I have a bird songs CD that I play in it and it is so nice to awaken gradually to the gentle, soft sounds of birds chirping. Oh well! No more. I didn't want a clock radio because ads make me angry and that's no way to awaken peacefully. I don't want to use my cell phone or watch as an alarm clock because I just don't want to. Stuck in the past, I suppose, but I want my very own clock.

So anyway, after much searching, I found this one which has some nature sounds in it and nice BIG numbers so that I can read them without my glasses (plus, it projects onto the ceiling too). Looks pretty good, huh? Picture is clickable to get more details.

And as long as I'm doing that, I thought I'd get some LED light bulbs for the first time and try them out. I know, I'm only about a zillion years behind the rest of the world in that. :LOL: I do have an LED keychain flashlight and love how bright it is.

Frank is helping me to brainstorm on a project to improve my laundry room, which may require more Amazon purchases (or Lowe's?) once we decide what to do in there. This isn't decorating so much as just making the process of doing laundry physically easier on arthritic joints and backs by tweaking a few things in there.

A case of Brunel Picholine olives, a 4 pack of green peppercorns in brine and 2 pounds of Turkish Pistachios.

Bought a nice used portable scanner from ebay that uses AAA batteries.

So, I just ordered some AAA batteries from Amazon.

I'm rolling the dice as I bought Amazon brand this time around since eneloop and rayovac batteries have failed with my charger in the past.

A 15 lb. bag of high-iron fertilizer

and Irrational Exuberance by Robert Shiller. A classic book on the economy.

Back
Top Bottom