what news site on iphone

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been looking for a news site on my iphone and while I get quite a few just being on the internet. I am looking for sites with updates on whats going on with the markets and the virus, plus some of the info on the new programs the government is setting up. the problem I have is that there is so many ads that you get a little content and a ton of ads. would like a channel or site that doesn;t have so many ads. thanks

I have several news apps: Apple, CNBC, local ABC, CBS, NBC; BBC, PBS Newshour and recently added NY ABC. Haven’t noticed any issues with ads.

Apple news is descent. I also use WSJ since I have a paper subscription. And, of course, I just started a weekend subscription to my local newspaper which comes with 24/7 access to their online site. I also sometimes look up the Kansas City Star to get an idea of what fly-over country thinks.

I don't pay much attention to the major network news sites having lost confidence in their ability to report anything with accuracy and without bias. Most are just the merchants of outrage.

Apple news is descent. I also use WSJ since I have a paper subscription. And, of course, I just started a weekend subscription to my local newspaper which comes with 24/7 access to their online site. I also sometimes look up the Kansas City Star to get an idea of what fly-over country thinks.

I don't pay much attention to the major network news sites having lost confidence in their ability to report anything with accuracy and without bias. Most are just the merchants of outrage.

+1

+2

BBC news app is good, and MarketWatch app for watching the markets (who knew?).

I kind of gave up on Apple News - while it is OK at balancing national news sources, it continuously elevates a number of well-known political hit piece sites into the top of its feed.

I like the built-in Apple News app, which aggregates stories from many sites and can be customized.

That’s what I use.

I block a lot of channels that are routinely overtly political or do a lot of silly fluff pieces.

My suggestion would be Reuters. Middle of the road politically. Decent "Business" section. For market news another is CNBC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom