What Podcasts do you listen to?

The Last Podcast On The Left- true crime.
Name is in reference to magic- not politics.
They do series on historical true crime that I really enjoy.
Did a great one on the JFK assassination.

Crude at times with strong language. Not for pearl clutchers.

I'm into woodworking and home building/repairs so a few of mine are slanted that way.

WoodTalkShow
Shannons Industry Lumber Update
Shop Talk Live
Fine Homebuilding podcast
Mike Rowe: The way I heard it.
The Money Guy
Roger Whitney: The retirement answer man.

Things you should know
The retirement answer man
This American life

Smartless. It is very entertaining, the 3 hosts have great chemistry.

Handle on the Law …Humorous lawyer with live call in to ask legal questions.

Clark Howard… Consumer advocate

Rob Black… Financial

Jill on Money… Jill Schlesinger

Like a few above, Freakonomics is my favorite. Always been a fan since the books. Is perfect for a podcast…each episode stands alone.

I also listened to and “enjoyed” (maybe not the right description of a true crime podcast) “Father wants us dead” the story of John List who killed his family in Westfield NJ and remained at large for over 20 years after starting a new life elsewhere.
Extensively researched by two reporters from the Star Ledger newspaper in NJ.

Like a few above, Freakonomics is my favorite. Always been a fan since the books. Is perfect for a podcast…each episode stands alone.

I also listened to and “enjoyed” (maybe not the right description of a true crime podcast) “Father wants us dead” the story of John List who killed his family in Westfield NJ and remained at large for over 20 years after starting a new life elsewhere.
Extensively researched by two reporters from the Star Ledger newspaper in NJ.
The John List story is riveting. I listen to some true crime podcasts when I can find. He had been profiled on sll the true crime TV shows.

Most of my podcasts are tied to politics or investing.

Money Matters - Allworth Financial
Retirement Starts Today - Benjamin Brandt
World's Greatest Con
Markley, VanCamp, and Robbins
Hardcore History (because of length, more like books on tape)

I listen to many of the same that have already been mentioned so just listing others:

Short Story Fiction:
The Moth (actually true stories)
Selected Shorts
The Writer's Voice
The New Yorker: Fiction
Levar Burton Reads
The Truth

Entertaining and Funny:
The Sporkful
No Such Thing as a Fish
Offmenu

Guilty pleasure (creepy narratives about stalker/creeper types sent in by listeners):
Let's Not Meet

Latest discovery, recommend most recent 6 episode series about the undoing of e-vehicle maker Nikola.
Bad Bets

Besides some professional ones I listen to
Bogleheads
Morningstar's The Long View
Wealth Managed

I like
Freakonomics
Planet Money
Stuff You Should Know
The Curbsiders (medical)

I enjoy many, including some entrepreneurial topics, like Side Hustle Nation and How I Built This. The latter features the stories of those founders behind big brand names, like AirBnB, Spanx and many others.

All-In is a great one. Very smart venture/private equity individuals who discuss macro trends and politics. Once a week, about 60-90 minutes.

^^^^^ Chamath is the only one on there I can tolerate but to each, their own!

I listen to a ton of college football podcasts year round. The 2 things I found after I retired at age 51 six years ago were podcasts(mine are all college football) and twitter(I only follow CFB people on twitter). Before I retired I had only listened to one podcast regularly (or at all). As a sidenote, CFB podcasts have exploded since 2020. I'd hate to count the number of hours I listen to CFB podcasts every week(you would be floored). And there are a ton out there I dont listen to.

I've never listened to a podcast. Although, I don't want to admit the hours I spend watching YouTube videos.

Chasing Scratch is really good if you enjoy golf and are a teens handicapper trying to improve.

A Little Bit Culty.

It's hosted by a husband and wife who were in the NXIVM (I think pronounced nexium) cult. Humorous and heartbreaking stories.

Talking Sopranos - two cast members talk about the show, episode by episode
Mindscape - physics, cosmology, philosophy, science, hosted by Sean Carroll
Making Sense - moral philosophy, religion, mindfulness, atheism, hosted by Sam Harris

The Catechism in a Year with Fr. Mike Schmitz
The Bible in a Year with Fr. Mike Schmitz

Fr. Mike is extremely knowledgeable, insightful, and engaging. His commentary, reflection, and prayer is simply top notch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom