What stocks are you shopping?

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What individual stocks are you looking to buy during the Bear Market?

I’m buying NVDA if it drops another 25% to the $150 area, BLK ($640) under $500, and BRK.B ($335) around $275.

I added more Vanda the other day at $10.85. It actually didn't drop at all today even though the market was down 1000 points.

Probably something to do with the $600m market cap, $450m in cash on hand, no debt, and $260m a year in revenue, $60m in profit.

Looks like Vandas earnings are dropping quickly - expected to half NTM and further decline from there. Haven’t looked too much but I’m guessing they have stuff going off patent and nothing to replace it. That said, $7 in cash on hand on a $10 stock is quite unusual for a stock at least at this point still making money, even if declining.

Yeah stuff going off patent but they are spending a good chunk of that $260m in revenue trying for other indications which hopefully will extend the patent life.

They had a big fail with Tradipitant, otherwise they would be trading at $25. Still, it is a ok play for me with as you say, $7 in cash on a $10 stock, with $3 a year currently in revenue. Even if they only manage to stagnate on that for the next 4 years, they should be at $11 in cash for a $10 stock by then.

I have my eye on NVDA. I bought a few GOOG and a couple TSLA today.

GE, F, MSFT, CSCO.... (Not necessarily in that order) Also keeping an eye on XOM and CVX

Last edited:
Nothing yet.

Too soon for my liking as the FED has a few interest rate increases coming up.

I'll keep my energy equities: XOM, FENY, EPD, WMB, etc. I also have a slug of VZ I've had for a good while and I'll hold that or add to it if it drops into the $40's. The VZ is long term and pays a good dividend.

I sold my bond funds around the first of the year. As the FFR goes higher, I'll start adding one or two year treasuries.

Nothing yet.

Too soon for my liking as the FED has a few interest rate increases coming up.

I'll keep my energy equities: XOM, FENY, EPD, WMB, etc. I also have a slug of VZ I've had for a good while and I'll hold that or add to it if it drops into the $40's. The VZ is long term and pays a good dividend.

I sold my bond funds around the first of the year. As the FFR goes higher, I'll start adding one or two year treasuries.

I am waiting a bit, too. Don’t want to start nibbling too early.

I nibble monthly. Just bought a little more T. Sold the spin off WBD.
Going to pick up some HQH once the rest of my dividends come in at the end of the month.

May add to SCHG, SCHD, SPYD, T.
Today's a quiet day to analyze the dartboard.

I’ve picked up some TSLA and COST, along with SBUX.

May add to SCHG, SCHD, SPYD, T.
Today's a quiet day to analyze the dartboard.
In taxable account I bought T, SCHD, ENZL, and some cash to SWVXX money market.

In Rollover IRA I bought VXUS.

I'm leaning more to index ETF's these days.

Bought 1000 shares of MSFT and 2500 shares of XOM today just before the market closed... I tried to buy 1500 shares of CSCO too but I missed it by 1/4. We will see.

Bought 1000 shares of MSFT and 2500 shares of XOM today just before the market closed... I tried to buy 1500 shares of CSCO too but I missed it by 1/4. We will see.

Those are some big dollar purchases! :cool:

Hopefully, the PPT will be back on the case tomorrow and get this correction over with!

I sold a few Put options on Ford and XOM.

I added to my MSFT, INTC, COST, F, TSLA and MCD.

Those are some big dollar purchases! :cool:

Hopefully, the PPT will be back on the case tomorrow and get this correction over with!
Yep, for me anyway, I just couldn't resist... MSFT hit it's low for the year today and XOM and CSCO have been good swing trades for months now.

Last edited:
Dang, drop half a million on two names. Go big or go home I guess.

XOM would have me a little nervous...I liked it better when it was $55...I really liked Microsoft when it was $30 a share but nobody else did.

XOM would have me a little nervous...I liked it better when it was $55...I really liked Microsoft when it was $30 a share but nobody else did.

I bought Microsoft in the $20's and sold it around $35. Smart move. :blush:

I bought Microsoft in the $20's and sold it around $35. Smart move. :blush:

Yeah, I made a few squawks about it on here back in 2014 or so and everyone said Microsoft was dead money at $29 or whatever it was trading for.

That was about half of my dry powder in my "speculation account"... I had sold everything recently and the money was starting to burn a hole in my pocket... Couldn't resist the big drops with MSFT. Hopefully if they drop in the next few days, it won't be to much. :) If they do, I'll get out pretty quick and run home with my tail between my legs. In any case, I won't hold them long.

Last edited:
That was about half of my dry powered in my "speculation account"... I had sold everything recently and the money was starting to burn a hole in my pocket... Couldn't resist the big drops. Hopefully if they drop in the next few days, it won't be to much. :) If they do, I'll get out pretty quick and run home with my tail between my legs. In any case, I won't hold them long.

They say speculate with like 2% of your portfolio...so...uhm...hey Elon!

Back
Top Bottom