What was your happiest moment today?

Yesterday DW and I scheduled the August bills. For the first time since graduated from college and starting working, no rent or mortgage payment! :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations!! It is such a sweeeeeet feeling, isn't it?:dance::dance:

The first of several upcoming income streams hit our banking account this morning. Two modest pensions, but the sum total adds up to several nice extra vacations a year. When we can get back to taking them, of course. :blush:

Nice! I'm always thankful when my military retired and disability pay come in - the major portion of my retirement. When my social security begins, that'll be gravy. We're planning a trip to Hawaii in the fall! :dance:

Attended a Beetles tribute concert last night . . . in our car! We were in the front row, and it felt like a combo between being at a 'real' concert, and a drive-in. It was fun!

Also nice was that we brought our own food and adult beverages.

Time with family today and its a beautiful sunny day to be outside.

Exactly two years ago today I had my first chemo treatment.

My happiest moment today was waking up, remembering where I was two years ago, and feeling overwhelming gratitude to still be here and still be kicking. :dance::dance:

My happiest moment today was waking up, remembering where I was two years ago, and feeling overwhelming gratitude to still be here and still be kicking. :dance::dance:

:clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance:

Nice.:dance:

A sudden rain storm forced me to cease mowing the lawn...:dance:

Shrimp in black bean sauce.

So many blessing each day to be happy about. My son told us he was going to get married but hasn't made it official yet. That did make me pretty happy today. Now he just needs to get it done. Lol

Have been doing a major landscaping project and did tons of planting yesterday. Today got almost 2" of rain and all of the plants are very, very happy!

My friend has been encouraging me to go on bicycle rides.

When I worked, I commuted on my bike 2 or 3 days a week in the non-icy months of the year. That ride was 20 miles round trip, so I never rode further than 10 miles at a time.

My friend belongs to a local bike club primarily made up of people >50 years old.
They don't have group rides now, because of covid. They do meet at outdoor brew pubs , and socialize at a reasonable distance. Everyone seems nice.

She has a bunch of wonderful bike rides mapped out throughout the whole metropolitan area we live.

I've lived here my whole life, and I can't believe how many beautiful areas there are that I've never seen.

We basically did a 30 mile tour of St. Paul today, and it was amazing. And yes, I'm capable of riding that far now. Most of the rides are at least 25 miles long.

Anyway, I had a great morning riding my silly bike all around town, and we are going to have well earned beer and dinner shortly.

Enjoy your day. JP

Watching DW drive the lawn tractor around cutting the grass today.

She has a degenerative neurological disease and got her drivers license taken away a while ago. Since we've moved to this house with a couple of acres she has really taken to driving the lawn tractor and cutting the grass.

Seeing her smiling and laughing away while driving around today was great. Sometimes it's the small things.

She has a degenerative neurological disease and got her drivers license taken away a while ago. Since we've moved to this house with a couple of acres she has really taken to driving the lawn tractor and cutting the grass.

Seeing her smiling and laughing away while driving around today was great. Sometimes it's the small things.

That put a smile on my face just reading about it.

Wonderful day of winning on the Pickleball Courts here in Opelika, AL. Pickle has been my salvation in this lockdown period . . .

I'd give anything to see a good rain storm. For June, our historical average is 4.66". We got 1.43" locally. For July, our historical average is 2.07" We got 0.27". In the three weeks, we've gone from normal water availability to twice a week outdoor watering restrictions to now once a week outdoor watering restrictions.

Speaking of lawns, much of ours is stressed and turning brown under the Central Texas heat (some neighbor lawns look far worse). All that work to weed and feed, then treat with iron, mow and edge, and we can't keep it looking decent (Bermuda).

I'd give anything to see a good rain storm. For June, our historical average is 4.66". We got 1.43" locally. For July, our historical average is 2.07" We got 0.27". In the three weeks, we've gone from normal water availability to twice a week outdoor watering restrictions to now once a week outdoor watering restrictions.

Speaking of lawns, much of ours is stressed and turning brown under the Central Texas heat (some neighbor lawns look far worse). All that work to weed and feed, then treat with iron, mow and edge, and we can't keep it looking decent (Bermuda).

Told ya not to move to TX. :D

That's wonderful, Calico. Each day is a gift. :flowers:

Awwwwww... I feel that way when my cordless vacuum runs outta juice.... oh, darn!

That is beautiful, and you're right- it is almost always the small things. :)

Told ya not to move to TX. :D
You do know we brought the California drought weather with us, although the first year here it was quite rainy. Much more of a pain maintaining a landscape given the temperature differences in summer without the natural summer rainfall. I'm surprised I haven't seen homeowners north of Austin rip out part/all of their lawns and replace with shrubs, ground cover, rock, mulch, etc. It's probably discouraged by the HOAs.

The remnants of the hurricane passed by and by 3 the sun came out. I went for my daily walk and it was breezy, in the low 70s and frankly joyous I actually came home not dripping wet and refreshed.

Stepping outside with the almost always sunny and low humidity weather is always nice. But the best thing today was getting a 6 variety pack of pastries at a specialty bakery at the 99 ranch market for $6, their breads/pastries are better than any of the bakeries I've been to so far.

Back
Top Bottom