What was your WR YTD

Don't keep track of it since my net worth is continuously increasing.

Now, that is amazing!

I do recall my mom and dad living on just their SS. They had a small paid off house, paid for car and they had not hobbies or significant expenses. Of course, that all changed when they went into the nursing home. Their stash disappeared pretty quickly.

Congratulations on "0."

A frugal friend of mine is negative. SS and rent income from the unit of the duplex that he lives in exceeds his total spending.

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if people just didn't assume that everyone here knows all acronyms. :)

I'm just glad the young'uns aren't embarrassed to ask - like I did back 15 years ago. I think we've got an acronym guide sticky here someplace (too lazy to look it up.)

You can always consult this thread, which has gathered the acronyms and slang in one place:

https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...slang-frequently-used-on-the-forum-34884.html

+1. Another method is to perform an internet search, adding the word acronym at the end, or the phrase "financial acronym". For example, performing a Google search on "SWR acronym" returns a primary result of "standing wave ratio", which is not what we're looking for here. A Google search on "SWR financial acronym" does the trick though. After a few times of doing this on a new-to-me acronym, it becomes committed to memory. Those with a sharper mind than mine may only have to do it once.

+1. Another method is to perform an internet search, adding the word acronym at the end, or the phrase "financial acronym". For example, performing a Google search on "SWR acronym" returns a primary result of "standing wave ratio", which is not what we're looking for here. A Google search on "SWR financial acronym" does the trick though. After a few times of doing this on a new-to-me acronym, it becomes committed to memory. Those with a sharper mind than mine may only have to do it once.

Yes be certain to add the "financial" especially if you look up, for instance, STD.:LOL: Short Term Debt is (hopefully) more useful here than the more ubiquitous definition, though YMMV.:cool:

Yes be certain to add the "financial" especially if you look up, for instance, STD.:LOL: Short Term Debt is (hopefully) more useful here than the more ubiquitous definition, though YMMV.:cool:

Well, I've read that STD's are quite prevalent in some senior communities and care homes, so perhaps of some relevance here :LOL:

I never bothered to calculate our WR :facepalm: until now; thanks to this thread for reminding me. I knew we were well below the max SWR, but my calc just now shows we’re at 1.5% for last year. I never would’ve expected that when I retired, but the market has been up, I got an expected inheritance in 2018 that was unexpectedly higher than I anticipated (and which I never took for granted), and DW insisted on taking SS early despite my advice to the contrary. If I’d had a crystal ball I’d have retired sooner.

I need to learn to blow that dough!

Well, I've read that STD's are quite prevalent in some senior communities and care homes, so perhaps of some relevance here :LOL:

Heh, heh, so far at least, my "senior community" is a lovely apartment with a fantastic view of the Pacific Ocean. I only have one room mate and never worry about STDs.

Thanks for the giggle.

Back
Top Bottom