Whatever Happened to:

IMATERP

Full time employment: Posting here.
Decided to start a thread of former (older) marketing ploys of different brands....

Whatever Happened to - “The Frito Bandito”

Did Frito-Lay recognize that he would become politically and socially incorrect.

Decided to start a thread of former (older) marketing ploys of different brands....

Whatever Happened to - “The Frito Bandito”

Did Frito-Lay recognize that he would become politically and socially incorrect.

He's hanging out with Punchy and Oaf from Hawaiian Punch.

Oh, you couldn't have Frito Bandito nowadays. He's gone to the PC graveyard, along with a lot of other things that make us smile.

Ironic, because "the Frito Bandito you must not offend." Yet it turns out he's the one that is so offensive.

One of my favorite ads from our youth that would get you crucified today:
"My wife, I think I'll keep her"

More doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette.”

"We really move our tails for you."

I think that would be safe to bring back? :cool:

I can still sing “ you can take Salem out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of Salem”

Whatever happened to Jimmy Dean? I know he died years ago, but I've heard him lately on TV commercials for Jimmy Dean sausage. He must have been cured (like his breakfast links).

wheresthebeef.jpg

“I’d rather fight than switch.”

“Can’t get enough of that Sugar Crisp” (Sugar Bear)

Which, of course, was before everyone started hiding how much sugar was in cereal

Reminds me of the Carol Burnett Show episode when all the advertisements showed up in her house....classic TV

Back
Top Bottom