What's on your bucket list?

Retired 1993 age 49. May have had a bucket list - briefly.

Since discovering this forum - I work as has hard as I can starting every morning to do nothing in particular.

To date I have not been successful. Sometimes catch myself making lists and when I finally summon the courage I tear them up.

heh heh heh - I have made verbal promises for more trips this year - West coast, East coast, New Orleans, - I have to watch talking on the phone. :greetings10:

And I thought you had a permanent BL item about espousing the virtues of Norwegian Widow Stocks:D

moemg....you might want to go to Savannah a little later in the year......september is still extremely hot, sticky, humid, mosqitoey! it has already been close to 100 here 30 min below Atlanta....boy this is going to be a LONG<HOT miserable summer if things continue the way the last couple of weeks have been. .

Thanks we will go in late October or early November .

I don't have a written bucket list per se, but I've always been intrigued by the operation of heavy equipment. This is so outside my usual realm of interests and abilities it's ridiculous----but it just seems fascinating to be able to control large machinery. But I knew I couldn't just ask a heavy equipment operator to scoot over and let me take charge---so it would be unlikely I could ever attempt this.

But lo and behold---I just read about a heavy equipment amusement park where adults play with lifesize Tonka toys! In Las Vegas! And half the visitors are female.

Heavy-Duty Playground Opens in Las Vegas | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction

So---I guess it really is possible to make ANY bucket list wish come true.....if you are willing to spend the money and time, there is a way to make it happen.

I don't have a written bucket list per se, but I've always been intrigued by the operation of heavy equipment. This is so outside my usual realm of interests and abilities it's ridiculous----but it just seems fascinating to be able to control large machinery. But I knew I couldn't just ask a heavy equipment operator to scoot over and let me take charge---so it would be unlikely I could ever attempt this.

But lo and behold---I just read about a heavy equipment amusement park where adults play with lifesize Tonka toys! In Las Vegas! And half the visitors are female.

Heavy-Duty Playground Opens in Las Vegas | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction

So---I guess it really is possible to make ANY bucket list wish come true.....if you are willing to spend the money and time, there is a way to make it happen.

+1 A couple of years ago I was at a ski resort on a particularly nice day and they had a snow cat pushing around huge mountains of snow to prepare a pond for a pond skimming contest planned for the next day. All of us guys (and I guess some of the gals as well) were on a deck overlooking the work and having a brew. We had serious cases of envy as we watched the operator going about his business.

While I don't yet have a written list, the essence of it is to attend a number of significant world sporting events.

Summer Olympics
Winter Olympics*
The Masters
U.S. (Golf) Open
British Open
PGA Championship
Ryder Cup
President's Cup*
Australian Open
French Open
Wimbledon*
U.S. (Tennis) Open*
Daytona 500*
Indianapolis 500
Kentucky Derby
Preakness
Belmont
Super Bowl
Stanley Cup Finals
Frozen Four (College hockey)
World Series
World Cup

* done

you get the idea.

While I don't yet have a written list, the essence of it is to attend a number of significant world sporting events.
Their finals are on my list. So are the playoffs, regular season and pre-season.

Attachments

• pillow-fight-league.jpg
    pillow-fight-league.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4
Stroked off another one today with a visit to Juno Beach and Omaha Beach. Well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom