What's your favorite NON-healthy meal or snack?

Once, or maybe twice a year, temptation overcomes me & I buy a box of these.
I nuke them until they're warm :dance:

Also once or twice a year, a couple of these.

And finally, one from Burger King that's no longer available. I tried to replicate it at home, but never came close.

What about pasta is NON-healthy? Its just wheat, a little water and salt (and maybe an egg). Sounds pretty healthy to me. Its what you put on it that can be unhealthy.

It's the gluten thing. People are fanatical about it nowadays.
Hell, lots of them even insist on gluten free for they're pets!

+1 - But, 40+ years ago when certain "recreational activities" left me with the munchies. [emoji23]
Those were satisfied with Butter Scotch Kimpets from Hostess(?). With whole milk.

Cracker Jacks....

Crackerjack2.jpg

Pork Roll, egg & cheese on an English Muffin.
It's a great way to start the day when I know I'll be very active that day. :angel:

Hey, I never thought of adding bacon until I just found this:
Philadelphia_PA_G_Sabatino_360_0.jpg

Save

Ohh, man, I just gained five pounds looking at that thing!

I'll take two....

Red wine is actually heart healthy. So use it to make Sangria and it’s unhealthy but still tastes great!

Yeah, everything is ok in moderation but sometimes I have trouble with the "in moderation" part! [emoji23]

Perplexed by all the listings of pizza as unhealthy food. I guess some of the commercial pizzas are unhealthy, but they're also gross, at least in my mind.

My homemade pizza has a thin yeast crust with a thick coating of tomato paste, seasonings, and a layer of mozzarella cheese. Oh, yeah, the obligatory olive oil (not because we like it, but to check the "healthy fat" box). I serve cooked vegetables on the side (don't like them cluttering up the pizza). What, exactly, is unhealthy about this?

Last edited:
Possibly because they are not just unhealthy, but inedible? Same for marshmallow "peeps." Good only for nuking in the microwave so they puff up to gigantic size.

No one has mentioned circus peanuts yet?

My favorite "bad" dinner is 2 Egg McMuffins. I just love them.

And pretzels of any shape or size. In and of themselves they are not unhealthy - but I can eat half a pound, washed down with a nice dark lager or 3 or 6.

Perplexed by all the listings of pizza as unhealthy food. I guess some of the commercial pizzas are unhealthy, but they're also gross, at least in my mind.

My homemade pizza has a thin yeast crust with a thick coating of tomato paste, seasonings, and a layer of mozzarella cheese. Oh, yeah, the obligatory olive oil (not because we like it, but to check the "healthy fat" box). I serve cooked vegetables on the side (don't like them cluttering up the pizza). What, exactly, is unhealthy about this?
+1
Unhealthy homade pizza is an oxymoron.

A cupcake from my favorite local bakery. The icing on top is twice as tall as the cake part. SO good. I splurge on one about once a month.

Pork Roll, egg & cheese on an English Muffin.
It's a great way to start the day when I know I'll be very active that day. :angel:

Hey, I never thought of adding bacon until I just found this:
Philadelphia_PA_G_Sabatino_360_0.jpg

https://thomasbreads.com/recipes/pork-roll-bec-english-muffin-sandwich
Save

I had to look up pork roll on the internet to understand what it is. Don’t see that in my part of the world. I make a very similar breakfast sandwich: fried pork sausage patty, fried egg and cheese on an English muffin. Never tried pork roll, but I doubt it could beat my version of breakfast sandwich.

Cheetos (the original flavor and non-puffed.) Can eat a 6 oz bag with no problem. That's why I haven't bought any for a year. Once in great while DW or I score a small (1 oz bag) at an "event" serving snacks. YMMV

I had to look up pork roll on the internet to understand what it is. Don’t see that in my part of the world. I make a very similar breakfast sandwich: fried pork sausage patty, fried egg and cheese on an English muffin. Never tried pork roll, but I doubt it could beat my version of breakfast sandwich.
I guess Pork Roll is a New Jersey thing. The taste is nothing like a pork sausage patty, but your sandwich sounds deliciously unhealthy too. :)

So many good things

Heck, I can make a salad unhealthy - load that puppy up with chopped ham, grated cheese (favorite is cheddar but any kind will do in a pinch) gobs of extra spicy Italian dressing, sliced jalapeno peppers, a sliced egg or two and pretty much anything else you like, if there's still room. By then I'm up to a small serving bowl size.

IMHO, there is nothing unhealthy with ham cheese eggs peppers and real Italian dressing. [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom