When will I get 5 stars?

I'm happy with my 4 stars. If I get more people will be expecting my posts to be more insightful. That would not suit my RE'd mind.

I know I eat live spiders at night because I sleep with my mouth open.

Fact: Spiders crawl in your mouth at night when looking for a warm place to hide. It is well known that people who sleep eat at least 3 spiders a month.

That is incorrect. The spiders are investigating the reported 7 pounds of undigested meat in your colon

I know I eat live spiders at night because I sleep with my mouth open.

Fact: Spiders crawl in your mouth at night when looking for a warm place to hide. It is well known that people who sleep eat at least 3 spiders a month.

Do you personally know any people that don't sleep?

I do not. That is why everyone who sleeps eats spiders. Fact!

"There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
That wriggled and wiggled and tiggled inside her;
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;
I don't know why she swallowed a fly...."

AHHHH 5 stars! I feel so emboldened to write wisdom and experience from a true FIRE perspective! Almost like getting a college degree :))

AHHHH 5 stars! I feel so emboldened to write wisdom and experience from a true FIRE perspective! Almost like getting a college degree :))

498 more posts and you get your 6th star. :LOL::LOL:

According to Scientific American this is simply not true.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...e-swallow-8-spiders-a-year-while-they-sleep1/

And...How Stuff Works - again, not true.

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/arachnids/do-we-swallow-spiders-in-sleep.htm

And there are others that say the same....

Thank you, MissMolly. My fact universe is crushed. Facts have been blurry lately, for me. When I hear "too good to be true" or "have to see it to believe it" just isn't happening anymore. Did I really get a 5th star?

Just had to count em'. I don't recall getting any.
******Been a long road******

Well, I feel us six stars people have been put upon...We all have over 1000 and I have over 2000 posts and we only have one more star then someone with 500 posts?

Target2019 has over 4000 posts.....

This is patently unfair and needs to be remedied ASAP...what's the point of endless posts if we are not rewarded?

Well, I feel us six stars people have been put upon...We all have over 1000 and I have over 2000 posts and we only have one more star then someone with 500 posts?

This is patently unfair and needs to be remedied ASAP...what's the point of endless posts if we are not rewarded?

Plus it maxes out at 5k posts for your 7th star and last star.:popcorn:
Think about how REWahoo and W2R feel with 40k+ posts.:D

Plus it maxes out at 5k posts for your 7th star and last star.:popcorn:
Think about how REWahoo and W2R feel with 40k+ posts.:D

And I have no clue as to how many stars I have! Posting this to find out..... :D.

EDIT: Oh, you’re right. Just 7. :( Boo-hoo. SO unfair. ;)

Averaging about 1 post per day is simply ordinary.
Use fewer words, and post twice as often?

I keep using the Retort Post button, but my post disappears!
:LOL:

Rianne has a way to go to catch these folks

(in last 7 days)

Top Posters*
UserPosts
pb4uski82
NW-Bound65
Dtail61
audreyh159
MRG51
Alan47
Oz investor44
MichaelB43
joeea41
imoldernu35

I've been posting for awhile. Is it the number of words? So wordy people get more stars? Or the number of actual posts. So if I post +1, that's a post? I could go around and post +1 to all the statements I agree with. Then I'd have 6 stars.

Love the forum and seriously joking!

Rianne..........thanks (?) for posting this. The ? is because you confirmed that DW is right when she says that I don't observe things. I knew that the left column had interesting info like poster's image,location, #posts, join date but
the presence of stars ,much less that the number of stars varied was a big surprise to me.

So thanks for an interesting diversion for the day...........if life is simple...
might be because there was only 1 outlier in the small sample size I looked at....perhaps there is only one factor......as you mentioned the # of posts.
Interesting fact.....your post count doesn't change within the thread so if you are going do +1 to increase posts,you need to do it in multiple threads to maximize efficiency. Another interesting fact, when you are posting you can't see
that left column info until you finish your post.

Who knew that there are 3 stars and even 2 stars? Maybe even 1 star but I didn't see any and perhaps that would too ego-deflating. Anyway what I saw suggests (if life is simple) possible categories:
2* < 25 ? posts
3* 25-49 posts
4* 50-499 posts
5* 500-999 posts
6* 1000-4999? posts
7* 5000+ posts ? there is some uncertainty in the 7* limit because I believe
I saw something slightly above 5K posts that was still 6* so if that is real
then the limit is above 5K but below 7K but that doesn't fit nicely with the 2x and 5x and 10x wide bins.

I guess you can tell who has too much time on their hands.............

Last edited:
"Obviously we need to raise the Star Tax on those lucky enough to be in the Top 1% of stars."

Stars! Stars! We don't need no stinking stars. Just post it and they will come.

Saw both movies.

heh heh heh - :cool: ;)

Stars! Stars! We don't need no stinking stars. Just post it and they will come.

Saw both movies.

heh heh heh - :cool: ;)

"Show me the stars!" (Apologies to Cuba Gooding Jr.)

Back
Top Bottom