Where do You Park Your "Dry Powder" Cash?

Only 1/2 that silly. Still feels wacky having that not out there working hard, but if a buying opportunity in real estate comes up due to a crash it would be good to be prepared. This while we are trying to sell some of the rentals! Crazy times.

After selling our house our AA went from roughly 60/40/0 stock/bond/cash to 48/32/20. Will probably buy another place in 2 to 3 years, but haven’t decided where to stash the cash. Last time we were between home ownership we put it into CDs. Like you, kind of waiting to see if market changes make for good buying opportunity in either real estate or stock market.

Only 1/2 that silly. Still feels wacky having that not out there working hard, but if a buying opportunity in real estate comes up due to a crash it would be good to be prepared. This while we are trying to sell some of the rentals! Crazy times.

Does it make you feel better that your stash is not as silly as mine?

But then, compared to those Europeans putting money in 30-year bonds with negative yields, I feel so fortunate. I don't know what gun is being pointed at their head to make them do it, so I will not say that I am smarter.

Back
Top Bottom