Where to golf retire?

Ya we are on the north side of Scottsdale, we actually love having it closed for green repairs as we walk the dog during normal golf hours now :). The demographics are changing rapidly, retirees are no longer the majority, lots of families moving in due to low cost of real estate vs. Bentonville. We would love to move to downtown Bentonville near Crystal Bridges art museum but old ranch homes are going for $400-500k and many being torn down. Most outsiders have no idea what the Walton family has done for NW Arkansas real estate, amenities, trails, museums, health care.

As outsiders, we could tell the Walton influence on our first visit. The area is full of nice trails and parks. We visited Hot Springs Village last year and left there with mixed feelings. Inside the village was less friendly than we had hoped and outside the village was, well, outside the village.

I've noticed that the POA members feel that they are "subsidizing" the golf courses. It's kinda a chicken and egg thing. Would BV be there without the courses or would the courses exist without BV. That's my view as an outsider.

Bandon dunes in Oregon in August ...best golf in my life. No carts Nice walk

One would have to have a fairly healthy golf budget to be able to afford to golf retire there, $325 a round from July-Sept.

My bad, yea couldn’t retire there but it is nice place to visit . 275 round 1. 140 round 2 free round 3 golf course pays you 100 bucks if you play round 4

Back
Top Bottom