Where To Turn To?

I have been upbeat for decades but am aware that depression or anxiety may crop up as a result of my Parkinson's Disease. I think a good talking therapist would be a good resource to turn to but I am not sure how best to line one up. It strikes me that the chemistry with the therapist is key but how do you find someone you gel with other than through trial and error?

DH is also going through a rough patch right now. He has started therapy and it is helping.

What I have done in the past and still do to maintain my mental/physical health:
*Personal religious contact/prayers
*Meditation/breathing/stress reduction (have always done this, have found the Calm App has tremendous offerings)
*Talk with family/friends
*journal or write letters, save and re-read, then burn and let go
*PCP/Mental health therapists when needed
*read this forum. Have found several folks ask questions relevant to something I may be going through, and forum members are very caring and helpful.

OP--Hope you find what help you are looking for. Take care of yourself. Feel free to post quandries/worries here if comfortable.
Do reach out if things get worse, thankful you promised ivansfan that you would.

Back
Top Bottom