Which job?

So glad to read that your new job is working out, Aaron! I think the job benefits are exceptionally good. Sounds like you're all set to start adding to your retirement nest egg. :D

Job Update: The jobs listed thus far have not worked out. I have now started a new job and have done 2+ weeks and it has been not so bad. I am driving a Sprinter Cargo van. I only do "no-touch" freight which means I don't do any lifting. I do have to strap the load so it is stable but that is not difficult. Leg gets a little stiff from 12 hours +/- sitting in the van per day but not nearly as bad as most jobs have been. I have been to 14 states in 2 weeks. Pay is pretty bad(<$15/hr) but work is not very difficult. It can be stressful in heavy traffic or bad weather but better than other jobs I have had. I will do this during the nicer weather months then I will go to Florida for the winter where I will do medical research studies to cover my snowbird costs. The driving job allows me to take time off anytime I want as long as I let them know well in advance. There are others that snowbird and that is perfectly fine since Winter is their slower season. I worked 82 hours last week so I can work pretty much as much as I want and take as much time off as I want.

Aaron, I'm glad that after so much effort toward finding a job, you have found one that doesn't stress your body too much, and doesn't have anyone breathing down your neck, which I know you hate.

To be able to snowbird in winter is wonderful!

Job Update: The jobs listed thus far have not worked out. I have now started a new job and have done 2+ weeks and it has been not so bad. I am driving a Sprinter Cargo van. I only do "no-touch" freight which means I don't do any lifting. I do have to strap the load so it is stable but that is not difficult. Leg gets a little stiff from 12 hours +/- sitting in the van per day but not nearly as bad as most jobs have been. I have been to 14 states in 2 weeks. Pay is pretty bad(<$15/hr) but work is not very difficult. It can be stressful in heavy traffic or bad weather but better than other jobs I have had. I will do this during the nicer weather months then I will go to Florida for the winter where I will do medical research studies to cover my snowbird costs. The driving job allows me to take time off anytime I want as long as I let them know well in advance. There are others that snowbird and that is perfectly fine since Winter is their slower season. I worked 82 hours last week so I can work pretty much as much as I want and take as much time off as I want.

I think you got very lucky with this one. All things considered, it seems like a good fit for you. Congratulations!

Very glad to hear you found something that works for you, even if it's not ideal. This might give you time to find a job that's easier on your leg, like a better paying job driving a forklift. The flexible hours might be hard to find elsewhere, though.

Back
Top Bottom