Whoa! Deer hits bicyclist!

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
Did anyone catch that video snippet on CNBC a short time ago today? It seems some bicyclist was cruising along (thankfully wearing a helmet) in what appeared to be a prairie-like area, when out of nowhere a deer came flying into him (in the air, no less). Really bizarre, and I hope the cyclist is all right. I tried to find a link but came up empty.

I wonder which one looked most like a deer in the headlights.

With hunting season approaching up here in East Nowhere, the deer will soon be racing across the roadways in the daytime hours, i.e. in a frantic effort to escape the hordes of humans in the woods trying to shoot them.

I don't get it. Someone enlighten me. Do antelopes have tendencies to run into moving objects? Does this antelope mean to smash into this moving bike?

Never mind. I just listened to the audio.

With hunting season approaching up here in East Nowhere, the deer will soon be racing across the roadways in the daytime hours, i.e. in a frantic effort to escape the hordes of humans in the woods trying to shoot them.

Or maybe the brave ones are simply performing Kamikaze attacks on cars in the hope of protecting the herd. :facepalm:

Ron White had a good bit about some relative struggling to kill a deer with a rifle (muzzle velocity of 2400 feet per second). Ron apparently had killed a deer with his van at only 55 mph so he didn't have much sympathy for the guy with the rifle.

Guess the guy on the bike should be glad he was only "mugged" by an antelope instead of eaten by a cheetah or lioness. I've heard that pumas are becoming a threat to hikers and mountain bikers in certain areas of Calif. and elsewhere.

Personally, I'm still haunted by the movie "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and "Night of the Lepus".:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom