Who's in charge?

Mr._Graybeard

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I searched for a few minutes for a moderator on duty after posting a message that may be subject to review. I am a happy camper on ER.org, but occasionally think thoughts that may cross the line with regard to political content. If I can't help myself, I would like to flag a moderator so my post can be reviewed ASAP. Is there a directory of moderators on duty somewhere that I missed?

We don't have "moderator on duty", but you can quickly see which moderators are on line at any time by going to the "portal" or "forum" page. At the bottom is a list of all members active at the moment. The moderators are bolded, so you can send a PM to any of them.

Last edited:
And if you do send a PM to one mod, it will be forwarded and reviewed by all Mods before a decision is made. For this reason, even if your selected Mod is online, you won't get an insta-decision.

As we operate by consensus, also, this means picking a certain mod because you think they might be more inclined to agree with you, doesn't get you anywhere ;)

And if you do send a PM to one mod, it will be forwarded and reviewed by all Mods before a decision is made. For this reason, even if your selected Mod is online, you won't get an insta-decision.

As we operate by consensus, also, this means picking a certain mod because you think they might be more inclined to agree with you, doesn't get you anywhere ;)

Thanks! I think I probably alerted you to review all my suspect posts now. I try to be good, really.

Many of us have come to think we should get quick answers to our PMs and emails. I imagine that is part of the culture of many businesses where people are paid to show up on time, leave late, and even work at home.

This was an ongoing problem for me when I was part of a volunteer group. Joe emails us about this-and-that at 9:15 AM. If Joe does not get the responses he wants by 3:45 PM, he starts another round of emails asking for us to respond quickly so he can notify Peter about this-and-that before 5:00 PM. Ummmm... Joe...... maybe some of us have lives outside of our volunteer efforts. Just a thought.

2 of us live in on a different continent so time zones also get in the way of a quick response.

2 of us live in on a different continent so time zones also get in the way of a quick response.

But also provides almost 24 hour coverage!
Thanks to all the mods for making this the best site on the internet!

As always, the moderators on ER deserve our utmost thanks for their commitment and professionalism. Others have said it many times over, but it is worth repeating: This is, hands down, the best run forum on the internet. Mods help us all stay on topic and weed out visiting trolls quickly on our behalf. I for one cannot thank them enough for their hard work. So, thank you, mods past and present!

-BB

But also provides almost 24 hour coverage!
Thanks to all the mods for making this the best site on the internet!

Yes for reported posts. Just saying that for a PM to me from a member in California I am 8 hours ahead so may seem to be very slow to respond.

As always, the moderators on ER deserve our utmost thanks for their commitment and professionalism. Others have said it many times over, but it is worth repeating: This is, hands down, the best run forum on the internet. Mods help us all stay on topic and weed out visiting trolls quickly on our behalf. I for one cannot thank them enough for their hard work. So, thank you, mods past and present!

-BB

+1000

Just to clarify, Gumby provided the info I was seeking a few minutes after I filed my original post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom