Why Fidelity is TOPs for me

I like Fidelity's retirement planning tools far better than Vanguard's. Vanguard's Financial Engine's tool has to be "tricked" if you are already retired and it comes up with a "safe" withdrawal amount that is far higher than Firecalc and just about anybody else's calculator hence I'm highly suspicious.

How do you trick Financial Engine's tool, if you are already retired? I find it irritating that you can't show a retirement date.

How do you trick Financial Engine's tool, if you are already retired? I find it irritating that you can't show a retirement date.
Under the tab YOUR PROFILE enter the retirement age. The program won't allow you to enter a retirement age earlier than your current age. Two ways around it - move your retirement forward or adjust your age to suit the program. Frankly I don't think this program is the right tool.

I like Fidelity's retirement planning tools far better than Vanguard's. Vanguard's Financial Engine's tool has to be "tricked" if you are already retired and it comes up with a "safe" withdrawal amount that is far higher than Firecalc and just about anybody else's calculator hence I'm highly suspicious.

FE projects retirement income as an annuity with the premise that you plan to spend your portfolio before you die.

I only use FE as an asset allocation tool and funds evaluator rather than a retirement income calculator

Back
Top Bottom