Why I don't want to retire early

Everyone, thanks for the feedback and discussion on my thoughts. It's great to see the diversity of mindset/thinking. Also, thanks for the "no thinking while driving to work" advice....I think the best way to accomplish this might be to not drive to work anymore!

I agree with this. Once I hit FI, I really began looking at if I wanted to RE at that point. But due to the finding enjoyment and flexibility in my job, I am still planning to work for another 2 years - unless Megacorp decides otherwise. One could argue that I have in a sense 'early retired', as I am no long seeking the "rat race' rewards of salary increases, promotions, personal contentions, and working long hours to impress others.

I have learned not to look at work as a race, but to look at life as a growing "tree", with "work/career" being one set of branches. My career "branches" may have stopped growing by my choice, but there are plenty of relationship/hobby/activity branches than I will continue to feed and grow as long as the tree is alive.

I love your tree analogy. That is exactly where I’m at now ( most days ).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom